Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith (spoilers)

You can talk about anything in here
TacoBell

Post by TacoBell »

The best Stars Wars fight seen was the either the Ewoks vs the Empire in episode 6 or the Battle for Hoth in Episode 5.
CrazyTom

Post by CrazyTom »

lol ok i saw it right after school on thursday. i though it twas good. The only part that made me burst out laughing was when darth vader goes: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. i mean wow. once hes in that suit he is not allowed to be a cry baby. he should have like gotten super angry and killed everyone in the room. And did anyone else notice that palpatines fight with windu was really....slow? maybe hes too old?
Jordan
FoUster

Post by Jordan »

[spoiler:9e0268e024]The thing is, we should know by now that hundred story falls does not a Jedi-death make.Palpatine manipulating everyone, then being able to fight them was my favorite part of the movie.True about Bail! I always thought he needed more time, too. He actually ended up being really helpful and we finally get to see Leia's "mother".Grievous...well, he got beat up by Windu in the cartoon. I actually really liked the character. He was actually really weak and seemed out of place as a leader after Dooku. His pathetic cough added to it, as well. I believe that Palpatine placed Grievous there for a reason. After Dooku is killed, the Seperatists may have realized that Palpatine was just manipulating them all. So, for Palpatine to take ruler of the Empire, he made the oppositions fall-back leadership weak.Anakin's turn to the Dark side was really rather good. I have to disagree with Tom about the, "Noooo!" Granted, it was cheesy. Though, it did show how Palpatine just twists things his way, as well as pushed Anakin completely into the Dark side.There were also a bunch of allusions to the original trilogy that I thought were good, though I can't remember them off hand.[/spoiler:9e0268e024]
And then Akon was like, Wooohooo! YEEHOOO!
Darth Bob
FoUster

Post by Darth Bob »

[spoiler:81bc8f36d7]If Vader wanted to kill everyone in the room like Tom wanted then he would have only killed Palpatine because there was no one else in the room!!!I'm assuming the clones defeated the wookiees at kashyyyk because wookiees would become imperial slaves.[/spoiler:81bc8f36d7]
jacen

Post by jacen »

we all went to walmart and bought sabers for 6 dollars and fought in the parking lot. [spoiler:90ab16b660] The movie was fuckin awesome. I had to supress a laugh at the end when vader said NOOOOOOOO because i didnt want to sound like a dick because i was the only person who thought it was. I didnt really feel that the ending was rushed, i often find that when they do the ending the way they did here, it only adds more suspense. I like the scene switching because it shows the fight over the fire with obi-wan and anikan, and it also shows yoda and palpatine to show that the fights are going on at the same time. If anyone noticed, right before R2 and 3po were ordered to be wiped, captain antilles (wedge's dad) was in there too. I like how lucas incorporated so many of the characters to make the story fit in so nicely with episode 4. It really is sad though that we might not be seeing any more of these movies. Brings a tear to my eye :cry: [/spoiler:90ab16b660]
If you're fresh, you're clean.
Digital

Post by Digital »

If you have'nt seen the movie yet, Just dont look at this thread.
I think ReD majored in ball sucking.
MasteredCloud
FoUster

Post by MasteredCloud »

[spoiler:9ecb788054]I personally think that this movie was the best of the three prologues to the original trilogy. And yes, it is very rushed indeed. I'm still wondering why they had to push through everything. Although, of course it was already 2.5 hours, and if it were to have an actual solid explanation and story line, it would have taken proabably an entire day.Padme was pretty useless in this movie, being that all she does is cry over Anakin. At the end, it was just so out of place that she would give birth to the twins, immediatly cry out "Luke" and "Leia" and then die.This movie was also quite different from the others as well, being that it was the war movie of the Star Wars series. There's constant action that starts from the very beginning, and this movie is also heavily centered around the jedis and their roles. Having 5 duels in the movie was double edged in my opinion. Yes, there are those that enjoy the duels, while other people find it repetitive. "Ok....they're clashing sabers again...."I would have prefered less duels and more spectacular ones, seeing that they take quite a chunk of time.Obi Wan & Anakin vs Count Dooku = too fast, too early, too easyObi Wan vs General Grevious = pointless, just another flashy thing they added with the quadrasabers. It was the staff, then dual sabers, and now 4....what's next? Not to mention, the fact that they lose their sabers and go down to a brawl....well, enough saidMace Windu vs Palpatine = interesting enough, seeing that it's the first time we really see the Sith Lord do something. It's really the first time we see Mace Windu duel as well, although the acting at the end when it's the saber vs force lightning was just horrendous. Mace sounded like he was having sex rather than straining his energy against the lightning.Yoda vs Sidious = too odd in the fact that there's such a narrow space when it is being elevated. Yoda really didn't do too much except take a beating and slide around on the platform. And the fact that they played frisbee....Obi Wan vs Anakin = this was the one I really enjoyed. Being that this was the big duel and what not, there was more spirit poured into this duel than anything else. The first time I watched this section, it was just too fast for me to track. All I saw was blurrs of light every which way, and only until I watched it the second time did I really even get to see their bodies through the flashes. It was so fast still, it was pretty near orgasmic especially with the flurry of double eight feigns[/spoiler:9ecb788054]
Outlaw
FoUster

Post by Outlaw »

yea if you havent seen the movie, REALLY dont look at this thread. But everyone makes good points in their "spoilers". Chessy acting, The Sith lord actually doing something and not to mention the little cameo of Jar Jar. Where he is seen a total two times for about 3 seconds each!!!
pieman

Post by pieman »

man jordan was all like i got to go study but then i used force persuade and then he was like ok so we went back to his house and i play counter strike source and pwned so many choobs and it was like 10 pm so we went and waited and played halo 2 out side it was so koo. p.s. thx for the kik ass banner doffa guy p.s.s if this is chantz dont read .p.s.s.s the movie was so koo. p.s.s.s.s i wanted to say koo not kool so dont correct :oops: :lol: ooooooooooooooooooooh yeh
"I Just n00bed In my Pantz"
gramps

Post by gramps »

I have a couple of thoughts. First, I think that the Mace Windu part, Bob said he wasn't acting Jedi-like, well the galaxy was in a state of siege, and he was arresting him as he did catch him red-handed, and got confirmation that he was a Sith Lord. I don't see how this is not jedi-like for Mace to do what he did....Second, while the actual way that Vader said nooooooooooo ( o repeating. I love math) was corny, and I could just seem them practicing with Hayden Christenson for hours to make it sound right, I think the actual line wasn't too bad. It fit in with the fact that he was under a lot of stress, and he lost the one thing that he truly cared about. Padme. I thought it was very necessary as a way for him to express his emotions and thoughts on what was going on, since he has a helmet and we can't see his face or anything, and to make his character believable. :?
:{8):