New DS Disign...*drools*

For discussions on games other than the ones listed above
QuidBoy

New DS Disign...*drools*

Post by QuidBoy »

Full article here:http://ds.ign.com/articles/683/683684p1.htmlNo word on a US release date yet, but they expect an announcment at anytime. I can't wait to get my cheetoed fingertips all over it's shiney new surface.I think the new design sure boosts the sex factor, now ALL the girls will want to make sex to us!UPDATE: http://ds.ign.com/articles/683/683728p1.htmlIt is going to be released in the US, but probably a little later than the Japan release. They also say it will release in three colors in Japan. White, and two yet unannounced colors. Yay!
[banner]
[/banner]
Musashi
FoUster

Post by Musashi »

I'm happy with the original or now "classic" design (dEsign). Suck it Nintendo.
QuidBoy

Post by QuidBoy »

I'm happy with the original or now "classic" design (dEsign). Suck it Nintendo.Shut up you british snatch! Don't correct me on spelling you colo[size=24:0ff8cab627]U [/size:0ff8cab627]rer!The original design looks like teh not sex. The new design looks like teh sex.I think they're trying to go with the PSP slick style or sommat.
[banner]
[/banner]
Anubis
FoUster

Post by Anubis »

i dont notice a difference...i dont own one but still. its not worth my attention to notice
Darth Bob
FoUster

Post by Darth Bob »

January 26, 2006 - After weeks of rumor and speculation, Nintendo today finally revealed its expected redesign of the Nintendo DS handheld system. Called the DS Lite, this new design will be released in Japan on March 2, 2006 and cost 16,800 yen (about 140 bucks US.) The redesign retains all the functionality of the standard DS, but makes things smaller, lighter and brighter.The modified dual screen handheld has been tweaked into a smaller chassis. The new unit measures up to 133 mm wide by 73.9 mm tall by 21.5 thick. (that's compared to 148.7 x 84.7 x 28.99 mm in the original.) DS Lite weighs 218g, compared to the 275 g of the original. DS Lite's biggest new technical feature is its updated set of backlit LCD screens. The system is brighter overall, and will give the user the ability to select from four different levels of brightness for viewing and/or battery consumption. A few other cosmetic changes were made to the new DS Lite -- there's a new hinge design, the power light was put on the left side of the hinge and is visible while the clamshell is closed, the mic is moved to top/center while the speakers are more centered, the Select and Start buttons are set on the bottom instead of top, and the power button is no longer on the front, and all of the dark button colors are changed to whites and grays. The cute DS logo is also placed on the front. Basic functionality, otherwise, looks to be identical to the original DS.its not really worth it to buy a new DS but it certainly is now probably a much better, smoother experience that isn't as clunky.
Ender

Post by Ender »

its a march release for Japan. you can import it then for 160 american, theres no region coding so you can play american games.i might get one!this will probably be something that they package, as a bundle, with the revolution when it comes out.
QuidBoy

Post by QuidBoy »

If costco get's them in, once it gets released in the US, I'm totally getting one.The best thing about costco, you can return ANYTHING and get money (with a receipt) or store credit back. Even video games and systems.
[banner]
[/banner]
DesuMacchi

Post by DesuMacchi »

they can make it look like a PSP all they want but it still wont be a PSP :)
yoda-wan

Post by yoda-wan »

its not really worth it to buy a new DS but it certainly is now probably a much better, smoother experience that isn't as clunky.I like the use of the word "experience". It makes it seem so sophisticated (i know thats incorrect spelling, so dont correct me) Ill stick with my SP. Fire Emblem baby!
QuidBoy

Post by QuidBoy »

they can make it look like a PSP all they want but it still wont be a PSP :)Yeah. COS IT'S BETTER! LOLZOLOLOL!
[banner]
[/banner]