ORIGINAL PRODUCTS PRESENTS

You can talk about anything in here
JaketheJew

Post by JaketheJew »

Keep the positive remarks coming! :o
Original
FoUster

Post by Original »

lol....its not my bad...well it is but i dont know any other way 2 reduce the size....im using sony vegas 6.....i just rendered it as a .wmv fileif u just say wut 2 do i make 1 again:edit: couse im totaly new with this program and this whole movie making demo recording and shit
As a Finishing touch. god created the dutch
Snape
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by Snape »

Not too bad on the whole, I'll offer some constructive criticism which you can take or leave.Music editing was terrible, it cut way too suddenly into the next song which looped badly. By the end of the movie I decided that if I ever heard that Lazy Generation song again I would headbutt myself to death.I know you're new to the program but some transition effects and editing were really missing from the movie. It wouldn't hurt to slow-mo some of the better kills so the viewer can appreciate them more. Also hardly any of the kills had build-up to them so each clip was basically a very short kill which cut instantly to the next one.Some of the moves were just plain uninteresting, DFA's should really only be used if there's something special about them. There were a lot of one handed backslashes which became quite repetitive.Also sort out your demo script!!! It's such a small thing, but when each clip starts with Unknown command "say_team" in the chat log for some reason it bugged the hell out of me and kept catching my eye.However there were some very nice kills in there, the 2 dbs moves on Jaina were a joy to watch (for more reasons than one), couple of nice parrys and some already-been-done-but-still-nice-to-watch grip dbs moves... although a couple were clearly staged.The reason the movie was so big is because it's 6 minutes plus of uber quality. I'd sacrifice the high resolution for a smaller file size, which would consequently attract more downloads.Overall I'd say it was pretty good for your first movie, definitely potential for something better in the future but not something I'd watch again in a hurry. I look forward to seeing your next work though man! :D
Original
FoUster

Post by Original »

so it sucks?*takes a razor blade*haha ty man........i already told u about the music i know it sucks.....the say team........i dont know how it came there...everytime i started fraps for recording it just came there....even the www.fraps.com was there and i dont know how 2 delete that shitthe slo-mo....how 2 do that...i tried 2 make red glow better but then the shot got terrible.....there was a black spot and the movie freezes for a few sec...not all the grip moves were already made.....like the 1 i walked on them and then dbs...i kinda finded that 1 (i swear on my life its my trick)yeh i know there should be an intro before each kill but then it would be 9 minutes or something...but i hope u enjoy of the mess.....did u saw VII dbs on the paladin guy?btw...how do i change the quality.....
Snape
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by Snape »

You were using Fraps during playing? In that case I imagine the key used to start/stop recording is also an incorrect bind in JK2. Bring up your console and type 'bind x' where x is the key used to record and see what it says.Also you really don't want to use Fraps directly from the game. Best thing to do is record demo's using JK2's own demo recording utility then play them back and record the good bits using Fraps. You can also change the speed and camera angle of the demo which works better in movies. PM me if you want to get rid of the www.Fraps.com watermark on any movie you record.I know most of the kills were genuine, but there were a couple against... HeadHunter I think... on the pad which were intentionally staged, it takes a lot away from a kill if the other person isn't fighting back. Just my opinion of course!Don't give every kill an intro, but on some of the dbs moves for example it'd be nice to see just a few more seconds leading up to the kill, gathering enough speed to catch up and perform the move.As for changing the quality, when you output/render the video in Vegas it gives you plenty of options on format and resolution to export to. Play around with these until you get the right balance of size and qualilty.I've had it in my mind to write a JK2 movie making guide for some time, I might get round to it some time this week.
VII

Post by VII »

guys never use ulead video editor free version :cry:
Original
FoUster

Post by Original »

i didnt derectly recorded with fraps i made a demo first.....but most of the nice kills were at the end of the demos and it took so long 2 watch them back.....for the slo-motion during the demo how 2? also how 2 change the camera angle.... i know the damp0 thats the thing i used...

Post by Default »

well i started to download this read the shitty reviews realized it was 11hrs untill it would be done and i was already downloading 6 movies and i dont want to slow that down
Jaina Solo

Post by Jaina Solo »

lol ill record it withj my webcam and post it with commentary from quid and i cause taht was funny as fuck
<3 Mus
VII

Post by VII »

Highlights of the film include my dbs kill, and mutiple repeats of kills.PS go out and see a real movie!