Father arrested for Discipling child with Belt

You can talk about anything in here
Saiyan

Father arrested for Discipling child with Belt

Post by Saiyan »

MIAMI (WSVN) -- Police have arrested a father for allegedly abusing his son over bad grades.Loscar Rodriguez, 30, argues he was simply disciplining his son, and the judge who let him go on $5,000 bond seemed to agree. "Spanking never hurt anybody," said Judge Fred Seraphin at Rodriguez's hearing.Police charged Rodriguez with aggravated child abuse for beating his 8-year-old son with a belt because his son received bad grades in school.During the bond hearing, Seraphin noted he thought Rodriguez's actions were probably not abuse and possibly even justified. "If he hit him with the buckle or a baseball bat or something like that and there were injuries, but a welt from a belt?" said the judge. "It's supposed to leave a mark, so you remember to get your work done."On Monday Rodriguez's son told a school nurse that his bottom hurt too much to sit down at his desk. A school official saw a bruise on the boy's leg and called authorities. Coral Gables police examined the child and found more marks on his buttocks.Though the Seraphin seems to think there's nothing wrong with spanking a child for disciplinary reasons, he did rule that Rodriguez could not have any contact with his son until further notice. The boy's mother will likely come down from Chicago to pick him up, pending the trial.Wow...I'm glad that no one ever arrested my parents. They used belts on us when we were kids. I don't believe it was an arrestable offense in the least. They were disciplining us. Let's just say I always maintained at least "B" average as a result.I'd rather have them working to support our family then sitting on jail and waiting for use to go through freaking foster homes or being neglected by the systemSauce : http://www1.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/MI63660/What do you guys think ?
ArchAngel

Post by ArchAngel »

i think the problem with most kids today is they dont get spanked enough.
TacoBell

Post by TacoBell »

The large majority of kids these days are fucked up.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

All kids should be raised in Communist Poland. Look how I turned out.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis ad capul tuum saxum immane mittam.
Step
FoUster
Netherlands

Post by Step »

All kids should be raised in Communist Poland. Look how I turned out.Complete failure? :wink:
{FoU} Step
- Fate of Unwanted

tiberius

Post by tiberius »

Light spankings may work in the very early years, but after the age of 3-4, it can easily step into the realm of child abuse. I can't think of anyone who would condone such punishment if they had grown up in a world of abuse. On a side note, almost every patient admitted to psych wards were mentally and/or physically abused as a child............... Almost all serial killers were severely abused, mentally and physically as children..........think about it.........
To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others. - Buddha
Musashi
FoUster

Post by Musashi »

Light spankings may work in the very early years, but after the age of 3-4, it can easily step into the realm of child abuse. I can't think of anyone who would condone such punishment if they had grown up in a world of abuse. On a side note, almost every patient admitted to psych wards were mentally and/or physically abused as a child............... Almost all serial killers were severely abused, mentally and physically as children..........think about it.........I've had three broken fingers, one cracked rib and anal bruising from my father. I turned out fine.But I tell you what, I'm never going to put too much salt on his food ever again.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

That's right step, a complete failure in life and love. But i'm better of financially than you'll ever be (I don't want that for you, it's just very likely).
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis ad capul tuum saxum immane mittam.
Terras Kasi

Post by Terras Kasi »

That's right step, a complete failure in life and love. But i'm better of financially than you'll ever be (I don't want that for you, it's just very likely).i dont think thats true, he is dutch. We are almost on par with the jews when it comes to making money.
~Pwner of Cypher
MasteredCloud
FoUster

Post by MasteredCloud »

There's a difference between punishment and abuse