A little CoV movie

Not a massive FoU game but enough play it to warrant it's own board!
GuessWho17

A little CoV movie

Post by GuessWho17 »

Well, it doesn't exactly cover the entire game, but its more of an outlook of what the games about. I don't include any interface screenshots or PvP because... well when I create movies, I like to do it with a tad of style. PvP at the time was unreasonable because it was about 7-10 am. Keep in mind I crafted this video within that 3 hours, so it may be a little "under" my past work. Anywho, if you've liked my work before, or just interested in City of Villains, check it out! File size is 20 mb.http://files.filefront.com/Lowcas_Outca ... einfo.html
Bane
FoUster

Post by Bane »

looks seriously awsome
DesuMacchi

Post by DesuMacchi »

lol nice vid Gdubya!fainting goats pwn!I may have to look into this mang.You only have to buy CoV right, not both?
Crash
FoUster

Post by Crash »

i thought cov was an expansion for coh? meaning you'd have to have both... :?
Crash
FoUster

Post by Crash »

nvm i just checked the site...you dont need coh :D
gramps

Post by gramps »

Hawtsauce. :dropsjaw:
:{8):
Bane
FoUster

Post by Bane »

I seriously liked that, and you really won me over, I'll try to get that sometime during christmas break :)
GuessWho17

Post by GuessWho17 »

Hyea yall. To clarify up on some questions you may have, firstly, yes, CoV is the standalone game, BUT if you have had City of Heros before hand, and you buy City of Villains, you can play both for the same fee of 14.99. You pay for one, you got both. Lets say you didn't have City of Heros before, if you only get City of Villains, you only have that available. The collectors package deal cost like 60$ and comes with both CoV and CoH but its really up to you. If you think one day you'lll make a hero just to try it out, or if you think your always gonna stay a villain.Now, for more specific questions. How is the movement / camera angles / attacking? Think of it like Star Wars Galaxies (NGE) but with the OLD targeting system swg had. That, on top of there being REAL jumping and a REAL vertical axis, which makes the game unbelievabally crazy in pvp as you can imagine. Also, theres 50 levels in this game. Right now I have a few toons, one at 20, one at 16, one at 12, and one at 9 atm. It's not TOO hard to level, and this game encourages grouping since theres a "duo" system, which, if I duoed you with my level 20, and you were a level 6, you'd be fighting as a level 18 or 19. On top of that, theres 2 kinds of cash. Theres infamy (like credits) and prestiege (guild money.) Infamy is used to buy enhancments, and prestiege is a guild only thing that you use to buy stuff for your bases. (Yes, theres bases, at the beggining of my video you see the base that I customally designed for my guild!) Now, to futher explain enhancments. Thing of enhancments as... Star Wars Galaxies Skill Attachments. Thats basically all it is. You have some main ones, like Damage, Accuracy, Speed Reduction, Endurance reduction (action lessening), Range Increase, Flight speed,etc etc etc. These are both cheap and expensive, and most of its lootable AND buyabe. With your skills, you can have up to 6 enhancment slots. You could throw 4 Damage enhancments and 2 accuracy if you wanted. Hell, you could throw 5 accuracy and one endurance reduction if you wanted. With this system, it allows 2 exact SAME builds to have COMPLETELY different play styles. On my 20, I focused my enhancments on healing, but someone with that SAME build could be more of an attacker / debuffer. It opens so many possibilities.For further information...There are 5 "classes" in CoV.These are Brutes (Not quites a Tank, not quites a Scrapper, or brawler, if you will) The more they fight, the more damage they can take and deal. They have a 3rd bar called Fury that raises and raises as you hit and get hit. Goes down over time.Masterminds, the CREATURE HANDLER of swg, if you will. This guy has 4 different primaries. Soldiers, Zombies, Robots, or Ninjas. Pretty fucking badass and I love this class because of the coolness factor.Dominators are the guys who can Hold, Sleep, Immobilize, Root, etc,etc,etc. These guys can do both damage and states, and are killer to have in groups. That damn thing keep aggroing you instead of your groups mastermind's ninjas? Put that mofo in a block of stone and make him unable to move or attack. Bastards all aggroing you cause of your area of effect? Throw down a ring of ice and watch all the nubcakes slip and fall every other second. Neat class.Corrupters, the MAGES, if you will. This is the class I have for my level 20. Combine flying with their ranged attacks and this is one of the most satisfying things in the game for me! nothing better than seeing a swordsman have to shoot at me with his little pistol, doing 1/10th the damage of his sword, just cause he cant reach me! The corrupter is a neat class, cause it has a balance of offensive powers, and debuffs, but low defenses. This also tops off to their SCOURGING, which automatically goes off when the foe is low on health. Attack something low on health and you do double dmg to kill it ftw. No mercy here.Finally, the one I know most people will like. The STALKER! This guy is likely the best solo class. You can pick Martial arts, Ninja Sword, Spines, Claws, or Energy Melee. With all these attacks you get your trademark skill... the cloaking and ASSASSIN STRIKE! The assassin strike nearly one hits any minion of your level. Mostly it'll one hit red's, sometimes PURPLE conned enemies. It brings bosses down to 1/4th health. It is the true bulk of being a stalker. You are a ninja. (You can even pick Ninjitsu in your secondary, which you get caltrops to throw down that lessen running speed when in them, smoke bomb that makes you go invisible in a crowd of enemies, quite a few defenses, and even a self heal.)Well, that pretty much wraps it up. If you read to this point, congrats, you basically know what classes do what! I hope you all check this game and give it a real good chance, because once you get past level 14, the game is truely a masterpeice.Before I go, I also have to throw both ends of the game at you. Up to this point, I said a lot of the GOOD things about CoV. Now for the bad things...-Missions get boring solo, and somewhat repeatable (although look at swg...picket killing on dantooine all the time...)-Traveling is a nuesence till you get your first travel power at level 14. After 14, traveling is actually a fun thing.-There is xp loss (xp debt) after level 10. Each time you die, although a very very small ammount, you get debt. A single death debt can be worked off in one mission, but if you die over and over it can set you back some. With Debt, when you have some and you kill stuff or do missions, half the xp goes to your original xp, the other half goes to your debt, so you ALWAYS gain xp no matter what.-Game is very fast paced, and some people may find that even the keyboard and mouse is hard to use. I know a few guildies had to buy a gamepad, but you may just be like me and do fine with the old "jk2 setup"-Must have a decent computer to get the game to look nice. You can run it at low graphics and all, but you should try to aim for medium settings at least. The game looks pretty nice at the High settings, which was what I ran it at for the Movie I did.-Soloing can get boring and hard in the later levels, but in a way I guess this is true about all mmorpgs, eh?That about sums it up!
QuidBoy

Post by QuidBoy »

The movie was sweet, good job guesspoo!The goats at the end still crack me up!
[banner]
[/banner]
Crash
FoUster

Post by Crash »

thanks gw, im actually considering this game because of your movie :D it just seems real fun...now its just the monthly fee holding me back... :? are there any other payment options other than credit card and game time cards? like WoW was originally planning to accept paypal but they never did that...does coh/cov accept paypal?