I got a problem...

War. What is it good for? Anything related to this sexy WWII game inside.
VII

I got a problem...

Post by VII »

Ok so i recently bought call of duty ive installed it and everything I go to play it and bam I cant see any words or anything so i cant even play it can anyone help me ill post a screenshot if needed but seriously cant get it to work making me sad. =(
VII

Post by VII »

Vauce
FoUster

Post by Vauce »

Right click on your Call of Duty icon, go to properties, compatability.Set it to run for Windows XP. That fixed mine.
VII

Post by VII »

Hmmm i dont have xp compatibility =/.
Vauce
FoUster

Post by Vauce »

What OS do you have?
VII

Post by VII »

Xp
Snape
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by Snape »

Try what Vauce suggested, you're probably looking at the properties of the desktop shortcut by mistake. You need to find the CoD executable from the installation directory (normally 'C:\Program Files\[Manufacturer]\Call of Duty'), right click on the Call of Duty multiplayer exe file and go to properties, change the tab to 'Compatability' and check the enable compatability option. Change the o/s to use to Win98 or something and see if that works.If you're still having problems then I'd be quite confident in saying it's a problem with drivers of some form or other... be it motherboard, video, audio or possibly (but not likely) an old BIOS version. Is there any chance you can post your computer specs?Also, the words might not be visible but I'm guessing you can still select the options where they're supposed to be? If this is the case, chances are it's a problem with your graphics drivers or you need to update directx to the latest version.
DesuMacchi

Post by DesuMacchi »

ATI at its best.
VII

Post by VII »

Hmm thanks snape Ill try that in a bit it just befuddled me because it was working before when i had my friends copy a while ago :|