Game problem

Something b0rked? We can help!!! Maybe.
Gleeb

Game problem

Post by Gleeb »

I just recently reformatted my computer and decided to download JK2 again. Well, after a few hours of work, I finally figured out how to work JK2 with the EVO crack or w/e. But now, like before, I seem to lag in the servers and in my demoes. I already updated my DirectX and my crappy ATI video card so I am pretty sure that cannot be the problem. Then I talked to Jaina and a few people in the ekc server and some suggestions were to set my video quality under Setup to fastest, do /snaps 35 and to do com_maxfps 500. Even after inputing all of these commands, this has changed absolutely nothing. I am almost positive that this cannot be the connection (cable) due to the fact that my mom's house is only 5 or so kilometres from this house (my dad's) and yet I get absolutely no lag in my demoes or in game at my moms (but I have an nvidia video card at my moms, i dont know if that makes a difference). Help? :(
NULL
Kuraichi

Post by Kuraichi »

Snape hook the man up.
Snape
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by Snape »

Does it do the same in Single Player?Also try typing g_synchronousClients 0 in your console. I'd be surprised if this is the cause, but if you're recording demos it's a possibility. Oh yeah, type cg_lagometer 1 in your console as well if the above doesn't work and let me know what colours you're getting.
Gleeb

Post by Gleeb »

I have been doing g_synchronousclients 0 all along so that can't be it. When I use the lagometer, it doesn't seem to indicate any majore lag. I get a green line at the bottom with a few bumps and some yellow spots in it. Then I have that straight blue line above it.
NULL
Snape
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by Snape »

And what is your ping on average? Did you try single player?It could be firewall/router related but chances are the graphics card you are using doesn't work well with JK2. The only way to be sure is to try a different graphics card though I'm afraid.
Gleeb

Post by Gleeb »

My ping on average seems to range anywhere from 110 to 160. I have tried signle player and when I record myself in there, I do not see the lag whatsoever. My video card is three years old, it is an ATI RADEON 9500 PRO / 9700.
NULL
Step
FoUster
Netherlands

Post by Step »

what drivers are you using? what drivers did you use before?
{FoU} Step
- Fate of Unwanted

Original
FoUster

Post by Original »

buy a better computer? a few thingsu looked at the space u have free on ur com?enough RAM?how fast is ur cd-rom drive?compare all these things with ur com at ur moms home....i know these things sounds silly......but u never know
As a Finishing touch. god created the dutch
Gleeb

Post by Gleeb »

what drivers are you using? what drivers did you use before?I'm using and I was using Catalyst drivers.As for space on my computer, I just reformatted so I have approx. 68 G of space left. I have 512 mb of RAM. How do i check my cd-rom drive speed?
NULL
Original
FoUster

Post by Original »

well...most cd-rom drive speed is writen on the opener.....like mines is 52X ... its not much but its enough....
As a Finishing touch. god created the dutch