EMU Progress: A Pm from xeno

Talk about anything SWG related here
jacen

EMU Progress: A Pm from xeno

Post by jacen »

k xeno is one of the head devs on the project and he sent a pm to a friend from swg, chri... some of you guys might know him even tho he was imp. This was may 1st, but it still does give some sort of a timeline and what they expect to be done when. Seeing also how they have already graduated and have been in summer for some time, their progress has sped up. Chri: Xeno sent me this PM today, so as you can tell they are pretty close so id say, late summer to mid fall, winter at the latest. Xeno: Who the hell said that? Im sure it wasnt one of our developers. And just because the packet data is in binary(numbers) and not ascii strings (enlgish text, and SWG is a mix of both really), doesnt mean we cant figure it out. I've become VERY proficient at it and can rip packets apart in a matter of minutes if they follow the procotol I mapped out. The only "iffy" thing with our packets so far is the object system, as it has its own protocol, so that needs to be figured out, and has been for the most part (~85%). Only reason we've been going slow is because we've all become swamped with RL. I myself am graduating highschool soon, and AP tests are in the beginning of May so my teachers are drilling me to death. Ramsey is occupied with school and the ACT/SAT testing. So we have bottlenecked further development till I graduate (May 19th). Joker and Achan are working on the server catching up to the functionality of the dummies, and also compiling it on Linux which is going along nicely. After that Ramsey and I will get the dummies into zone soon, we are about 10 packets off. Then do some final tweaks to the dummy, run a few more tests on the network, and get the real server with zone functionality and essentially ready for an "alpha release", and then we will go open source after all the documentation is re-written more clearly and put into a wiki. Then during the summer I plan to do ALOT more work on the packets, and hopefully get the packets finished with alltogether. As far is it being buggy, that is entirely not true. Sure there will be bugs, but as open source code anyone is allowed to go in and find a fix for it. The fact that so many community members will be working on it over the summer all most guarentees it from closing down due to "lack of interest". So I dont know who said that, but it's entirely false. And you should know better than to believe something said from someone else BUT the dev team (and us specifically here or IRC, not someone claiming to be a dev). Hope that clears everything up. Oh, also, nothing is impossible with enough hard work and dedication. That guy is just a sour apple trying to step on us dreamers who make the real innovations.
If you're fresh, you're clean.
Anubis
FoUster

Post by Anubis »

Kamm
FoUster

Post by Kamm »

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:<3 U. :D