SWGEmulation

Talk about anything SWG related here
Snape
Site Admin
Great Britain

SWGEmulation

Post by Snape »

Alrighty, here's the process on how to play on an emulated server.First, do a fresh install of SWG so no patches or anything (if it's installed already I'm guessing you just need to move any .tre patches from 14_00 onwards out of the install directory, not sure though). Now download the following patches into your SWG directory:http://patch.starwarsgalaxies.com:7040/ ... 00.treNext up you need to download the SWGEmu client from here:http://www.emukettemoor.com/swgemu_client.zipThen extract everything from there into your SWG directory. Run the SWGEmu_Setup.exe file and make sure everything is to your liking. Now download this dll file:http://shattered-realm.net/Downloads/dpvs.dllReplace the one in your SWG directory with this file. Now make a shortcut to the SWGEmu.exe and right click on it, then properties. You need to change the target to the following:"C:\Program Files\StarWarsGalaxies\SWGEmu.exe-- -s Station subscriptionFeatures=1 gameFeatures=255"If that doesn't work try:"C:\Program Files\StarWarsGalaxies\SWGEmu.exe" -- -s Station subscriptionFeatures=1 gameFeatures=255Remember to use the path for your install as the above is just the default path. Finally, open your swgemu_login.cfg file and replace the server IP with that of the emulator server you plan to use (we don't have a specific one, we tried '69.81.220.236' which worked but wasn't up to date). If you then run your shortcut it should take you into the game. For username/password just enter anything and it will autocreate the account for you. Create your character and enter the game. \:D/ If you have any problems getting it to work, be sure to bug the hell out of Shad on MSN until he answers you (or blocks you). Just kidding, post it here and someone will try to help.
gramps

Post by gramps »

dink
:{8):
PsychoMidget
FoUster

Post by PsychoMidget »

My god I think I got it!Sooo lets decide on a server to play on for gud plz so we can be together.
WasntMe... ShutUpYouFuck!
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Well, during the testing phase I say we stay with Smeagols server, which seems to be up the most and is updated the most often.swgemu.kicks-ass.net is what you need to enter into the IP field, seeing as how his IP is dynamic.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis ad capul tuum saxum immane mittam.
PsychoMidget
FoUster

Post by PsychoMidget »

yeah i wasnt able to enter the world
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

I was in there like 5 minutes ago, server must have gone down. Just pick another one off of the swgemu forums. If you scroll down there you see a SWGE Server section.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis ad capul tuum saxum immane mittam.
PsychoMidget
FoUster

Post by PsychoMidget »

what is the default login port? i think i changed it
PsychoMidget
FoUster

Post by PsychoMidget »

i fixed it...but on this server u posted shad... everything is pitch blackd
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Oooooh, I know what the problem is. Snape left out a DLL that fixes the corrupt lighting.http://shattered-realm.net/Downloads/dpvs.dllJust put that into the SWG folder and let it overwrite the existing one.
PsychoMidget
FoUster

Post by PsychoMidget »

thanks shadGJ SNAPE U LAMERso whats your name mine is PsychoMidget