lists!

The latest MMORPG to cause a stir in the community
Anubis
FoUster

Post by Anubis »

Recon, Arch, Anus - get your asses to Illidan! :Dim on illidan and played for only an hour and was nearly YOUR level :wink: btw recon the other day i was in ab and i was crited off a fire blast for 5300. god damn premade games
gramps

Post by gramps »

Wut's your name slut?!
:{8):
MasteredCloud
FoUster

Post by MasteredCloud »

Recon, Arch, Anus - get your asses to Illidan! :Dim on illidan and played for only an hour and was nearly YOUR level :wink: btw recon the other day i was in ab and i was crited off a fire blast for 5300. god damn premade gamesWhat's the record so far? I think highest i've seen was a 10 or 11k Soul Fire....
GuessWho17

Post by GuessWho17 »

ya but since war's got the boot this patch and got shit on im hoping they will patch something into it. besides im supposed to be a dps war =/2 handed DPS or... dual weilding dps? If your gonna do dual weilding don't bother going down to mortal strike.2hand.Well this build is the exact build I would recommend to anyone looking for a PvP 2-handed DPS build!http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000
Vauce
FoUster

Post by Vauce »

What about enrage? 25% more damage... Kind of amazing, especially if you're critting MS with a 2 hander already.
GuessWho17

Post by GuessWho17 »

What about enrage? 25% more damage... Kind of amazing, especially if you're critting MS with a 2 hander already.You can only put 2 points in enrage, making it 10% more damage... which is nice, but I personally would rather have those 2 points into battle shout. The only other way to get a full 5 points of enrage is to take away the tactical mastery in the prot tree, but that is a must have talent for pvp.Edit: I mean using the build I gave, and keeping the really important 41 point talent in arms.
Anubis
FoUster

Post by Anubis »

i personally disagree with a few things in that build. but im glad u posted one cause i really do want some opinions on a build.first of all enrage gets 5 points man not 2 making it 25 percent more damage for your next dozen swings after a crit. and since many classes crit thats nice to have. also by putting points into enrage/battleshout/unbirdled, i get death wish which gives another 20 percent damage and fear immune. granted u take 5 percent more damage yourself but ur a tank deal with it. so just by keeping my build in that sense u get a 24% higher chance that u will get rage after dealing damage (which really stacks up well) u get your battle shout dramatically raised in attack power for the group (not necesarily something i must have but it gets me to...) my two skill which give lots of damage to me when i either am crited or when i activate it. so all that together makes some badass dps. o and piercing howl really helps since its an instant aoe slow that has no cooldown.as for arms. my reasons for having hero and rend maxed out are that these are our basic bread and butter. rend is a cheap bleed that u nearly always use so why not make it stronger and hero strike is pretty much your auto attack if not using a skill. next is iron which helps with stun and charm which is a great thing for pvp. but with items that do the same and the fact that some of my stuff activates only when im stunned or the likes id be taking away opputunities also so for those two reasons i decided not to take that talent but im still not sure if i should. its good to have but im just not sure i need it, and the 5 points can go into more stuff that i can use more efficiently.finally the imp mortal and endless rage. this was also a toss up decision that i made and decided it best to not get. a 1 second cooldown reduction isnt that big a deal imo on a 6 sec cooldown. the 5% is very nice but by putting those same 5 points into specilizations i can make every attack 5 percent stronger not just the strike. and since i kinda poo-poo'd the strike i didnt really have a choice for endless rage. granted it would be a nice add on, i dont have problems with rage even without half my rage generating talents...just sorta feel it would either not do anything in some instances or just be overkill cause id normally be at a full bar.plz reply cause im not 70 yet (obviously) so give your views on my comments cause if u see a reason why i should definetly do one thing over another then plz say.
Vauce
FoUster

Post by Vauce »

Most warriors spam Mortal Strike, Cleave, Overpower, and Whirlwind for damage at 60. Heroic strike substituted for MS if you don't have it, of course. GW, you can get Enrage and Endless rage in the same spec. http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 00000000Or you can substitute Endless Rage for Death Wish, whichever you like better. I'd go with Death Wish, but I just like to pop cooldowns and see huge numbers on my screen. It's a fetish, I think. http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000Either of those specs I like. Tactical mastery isn't nearly as important now that all warriors get stance mastery which functions in the same way. Blood Frenzy, Anus, is a better way to buff rend than improve rend imo. I'd rather use those 3 points for improved MS. Improved mortal strike isn't very useless. Sure 5% sounds like a little but it really adds up, especially when you crit with the Impale talent.
GuessWho17

Post by GuessWho17 »

i personally disagree with a few things in that build. but im glad u posted one cause i really do want some opinions on a build.first of all enrage gets 5 points man not 2 making it 25 percent more damage for your next dozen swings after a crit. and since many classes crit thats nice to have. also by putting points into enrage/battleshout/unbirdled, i get death wish which gives another 20 percent damage and fear immune. granted u take 5 percent more damage yourself but ur a tank deal with it. so just by keeping my build in that sense u get a 24% higher chance that u will get rage after dealing damage (which really stacks up well) u get your battle shout dramatically raised in attack power for the group (not necesarily something i must have but it gets me to...) my two skill which give lots of damage to me when i either am crited or when i activate it. so all that together makes some badass dps. o and piercing howl really helps since its an instant aoe slow that has no cooldown.as for arms. my reasons for having hero and rend maxed out are that these are our basic bread and butter. rend is a cheap bleed that u nearly always use so why not make it stronger and hero strike is pretty much your auto attack if not using a skill. next is iron which helps with stun and charm which is a great thing for pvp. but with items that do the same and the fact that some of my stuff activates only when im stunned or the likes id be taking away opputunities also so for those two reasons i decided not to take that talent but im still not sure if i should. its good to have but im just not sure i need it, and the 5 points can go into more stuff that i can use more efficiently.finally the imp mortal and endless rage. this was also a toss up decision that i made and decided it best to not get. a 1 second cooldown reduction isnt that big a deal imo on a 6 sec cooldown. the 5% is very nice but by putting those same 5 points into specilizations i can make every attack 5 percent stronger not just the strike. and since i kinda poo-poo'd the strike i didnt really have a choice for endless rage. granted it would be a nice add on, i dont have problems with rage even without half my rage generating talents...just sorta feel it would either not do anything in some instances or just be overkill cause id normally be at a full bar.plz reply cause im not 70 yet (obviously) so give your views on my comments cause if u see a reason why i should definetly do one thing over another then plz say.Sorry Anus! I meant with the build I was using, and going down to the 41 point talent Endless rage, you don't have enough points to put a full 5 points into enrage. You would only have enough for 2 points if you get endless rage and tactical mastery in protection. As far as enrage goes... it is a nice skill. Before these BC changes I would always throw at least 3 points in it since tactical mastery was in arms beforehand but in all honesty it's a proc that really shines for dual weilding but it's only so great for 2-handed since your using a slow weapon (above 3.5 sec) which means you would only be getting 4 maybe 6 attacks off within the 12 seconds. The real problem here is that your talking about a nice buff (deathwish) but its a 3 minute cooldown, which I personally don't like cool downs so much since I was a rogue before I went warrior.For arms I really don't think the rend or the heroic strike points are justified. Just for the reason that you almost always only have enough rage to do what you need to do, and maybe here and there you have more than enough rage you can pop off a heroic strike but it's not worth a whole 3 talent points. For rend.. it simply doesn't do enough damage in the first place to really be worth it. 75% more damage sounds nice... but at 60 were talkin a 147 dot that buffed by 75% only makes it like 260ish damage. In my personal opinion I don't find it useful enough... but if you like it then you can keep it. I know the 1 sec on mortal strike and 5% more damage doesn't sound great... but its your main attack. Theres been so many times where that one extra second coulda meant the death of my enemy in the situation I died.All in all it really depends on what you would rather do. You can use whatever build fits your playstyle the most and what you think you will really enjoy. If you like cooldowns and are planning on doing the arena thing at 70, I would say death wish wouldn't be bad at all. If you want to be an all around PvP build that works in almost all the situations, use my build. Hell... there are so many builds out there all you can really do is try em!
Vauce
FoUster

Post by Vauce »

GW look at my post aieeeee!And look at the new warrior skill that everyone gets called "Stance Mastery"