=( - Snapeh can you help me get Vent to work?

Something b0rked? We can help!!! Maybe.
gramps

=( - Snapeh can you help me get Vent to work?

Post by gramps »

I have deleted every file and folder with the name "Ventrilo" on it, reinstalled dozens of times, and still I get this error message. Anyone have any idea wtf this is about? :sad2:
:{8):
Vauce
FoUster

Post by Vauce »

"oledlg.dll is part of the operating system. run this at a command prompt to check all of your files.sfc /scannow(it will take awhile to complete)"So do this: Hit run, type cmd, type in sfc /scannow, have your windows cd in your cd drive, and let it run. That should fix your problem. Here's reference so you know i'm not trying to blow up your computer: "http://www.ventrilo.com/forums/archive/ ... 16231.html"
Snape
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by Snape »

Yeah what Vauce suggested should work.You could also try replacing your dinput8.dll with the one attached (extract it to your system32 directory), but be sure to backup your old one first.
Step
FoUster
Netherlands

Post by Step »

you will need to register your dll (BWHAHAHA WINDOWS)in run type:regsvr32 dinput8.dlldo this after you replaced it
{FoU} Step
- Fate of Unwanted

Snape
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by Snape »

Most system files will already be registered, even if you replace them with new ones. You generally only need to register dll files if they weren't included in an installation package.
Step
FoUster
Netherlands

Post by Step »

Most system files will already be registered, even if you replace them with new ones. You generally only need to register dll files if they weren't included in an installation package.Trust me man, I know, just register it! ;)At work I work with Win 98, XP and Vista (already). And I work with so many applications that DLLs and OCXs are a pain in the ass! WELCOME TO MAC WHERE SUCH THING DOES NOT EXIST *is in heaven*ROFL TODAY I GOT A BSOD ON MY MAC, I WAS ON WINDOWS AT THE TIME LOLalso mac uses EFI, not BIOS, EFI superior!
{FoU} Step
- Fate of Unwanted

Shadow

Post by Shadow »

You know, I was never really impressed with Mac. Must be because I heard people spew a constant stream of shit about how Mac never crashes, Mac never gets viruses, Mac is stable......The first time I used a Mac, I was typing a paper, a simple word processing task. What happened? It crashed, and I lost my paper.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis ad capul tuum saxum immane mittam.
gramps

Post by gramps »

lol love you guys fixed it all and Vent is working properly! now time for some :redface1:
:{8):
Step
FoUster
Netherlands

Post by Step »

You know, I was never really impressed with Mac. Must be because I heard people spew a constant stream of shit about how Mac never crashes, Mac never gets viruses, Mac is stable......The first time I used a Mac, I was typing a paper, a simple word processing task. What happened? It crashed, and I lost my paper.First time you used Windows, I bet it happen to crash a lot too. I'm not saying a Mac never crashes, I suggest you try one now, see how user friendly it is compared to WindowsI still have Windows for playing games and programming in Pascal and Delphi tho (because I have to...)
{FoU} Step
- Fate of Unwanted

Vauce
FoUster

Post by Vauce »

My windows hasn't crashed in months. It's a needy OS, but if you keep it well maintained you can leave it on for weeks and it will start to slow down after 2, then just restart it.