Computer Problem (possibly Windows related)

Something b0rked? We can help!!! Maybe.
Evangelion

Computer Problem (possibly Windows related)

Post by Evangelion »

Alright, so I go to turn on my computer today and it starts as usual. However, right after the Windows screen with the blue loading bar, it just stays black. I let it sit there for almost an hour and it didn't do a thing. It doesn't even seem like Windows is even starting up. I have no idea how I could fix this becuase I can't get access to anything.Help anyone? Thanks. :cry:
liko

Post by liko »

Hmm i had that problem to once in a while it just happened i recommend you check that everything is connected together. Also check if you have a floppy in the drive any cd's as well. Restart your computer a few times if it doesn't turn on it might be something inside the computer.
okaye

Post by okaye »

Well my screen turns black when I have a virus.... But um try unconnecting internet and if that fails reformat.
Step
FoUster
Netherlands

Post by Step »

what you could try to do is this:insert your windows xp cd, and boot from it, hit R when you get a blue screen with 3 choices. (or choose repair).then select your windows (usually nr 1), and hit enter.after that you're in some kind of command prompt:chkdsk -Renter the above, wait for it to finish and reboot without the cd, tell us the results and all!
{FoU} Step
- Fate of Unwanted

Jordan
FoUster

Post by Jordan »

what you could try to do is this:insert your windows xp cd, and boot from it, hit R when you get a blue screen with 3 choices. (or choose repair).then select your windows (usually nr 1), and hit enter.after that you're in some kind of command prompt:chkdsk -Renter the above, wait for it to finish and reboot without the cd, tell us the results and all!wow, no shameless mac plug...i'll be damned
And then Akon was like, Wooohooo! YEEHOOO!
Step
FoUster
Netherlands

Post by Step »

what you could try to do is this:insert your windows xp cd, and boot from it, hit R when you get a blue screen with 3 choices. (or choose repair).then select your windows (usually nr 1), and hit enter.after that you're in some kind of command prompt:chkdsk -Renter the above, wait for it to finish and reboot without the cd, tell us the results and all!wow, no shameless mac plug...i'll be damnedyou're not helping, so i guess i'll have to..
{FoU} Step
- Fate of Unwanted

Musashi
FoUster

Post by Musashi »

what you could try to do is this:insert your windows xp cd, and boot from it, hit R when you get a blue screen with 3 choices. (or choose repair).then select your windows (usually nr 1), and hit enter.after that you're in some kind of command prompt:chkdsk -Renter the above, wait for it to finish and reboot without the cd, tell us the results and all!wow, no shameless mac plug...i'll be damnedPfft, Step's a Linux nub.
Step
FoUster
Netherlands

Post by Step »

another fix since people ask for it:download Ubuntu 6.10create your home partition and do not allow the MBR to fuck up your GRUB, you can easily adjust your GRUB for booting if you care to dual boot for some shitty other OS like windowsor just buy a mac which solves all shitty problems!
{FoU} Step
- Fate of Unwanted

Ardent

Post by Ardent »

another fix since people ask for it:download Ubuntu 6.10create your home partition and do not allow the MBR to fuck up your GRUB, you can easily adjust your GRUB for booting if you care to dual boot for some shitty other OS like windowsor just buy a mac which solves all shitty problems!Owning a Mac is the shittiest problem of them all!! :P
tiberius

Post by tiberius »

another fix since people ask for it:download Ubuntu 6.10create your home partition and do not allow the MBR to fuck up your GRUB, you can easily adjust your GRUB for booting if you care to dual boot for some shitty other OS like windowsor just buy a mac which solves all shitty problems!Owning a Mac is the shittiest problem of them all!! :Pagreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others. - Buddha