jk2 lol

Something b0rked? We can help!!! Maybe.
Lando Commando

jk2 lol

Post by Lando Commando »

i bought a gateway in like 01 and finally got around to updating it just yesterday. i installed a new vid card, radeon 9600 and a new mobo ( biostar - p4m80-m4) and i was told this would make my gaming kick ass but whenever i load jk2 or WoW or CS , they all just freeze after 20 seconds.. i have NOOO idea what to do. any ideas???
tiberius

Post by tiberius »

throw away the computerits obviously an inferior piece of shit
To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others. - Buddha
Snape
Site Admin
Great Britain

Re: jk2 lol

Post by Snape »

i bought a gateway in like 01 and finally got around to updating it just yesterday. i installed a new vid card, radeon 9600 and a new mobo ( biostar - p4m80-m4) and i was told this would make my gaming kick ass but whenever i load jk2 or WoW or CS , they all just freeze after 20 seconds.. i have NOOO idea what to do. any ideas???First up make sure you're using the most up to date video drivers and directx. Secondly, does it do the same thing for JK2 single player? It sounds to me like the card hasn't been installed correctly... either that or some other piece of hardware can't handle it. If you post your full specs we might be able to help more.
Snape
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by Snape »

throw away the computerits obviously an inferior piece of shitNow Tibby, if we threw away all inferior pieces of shit you wouldn't be in our precious clan. :wink:
QuidBoy

Post by QuidBoy »

throw away the computerits obviously an inferior piece of shitNow Tibby, if we threw away all inferior pieces of shit you wouldn't be in our precious clan. :wink:
[banner]
[/banner]
Musashi
FoUster

Post by Musashi »

throw away the computerits obviously an inferior piece of shitNow Tibby, if we threw away all inferior pieces of shit you wouldn't be in our precious clan. :wink:Tib, he's using this as a safety net; because we wouldn't have Snape in the clan either.
Lando Commando

Post by Lando Commando »

lmao.... how do i find out all my specs?? lollll
Lando Commando

Post by Lando Commando »

and yeh, it loads single player for 10 seconds, then completely freezes. it suckkkkkks.
Snape
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by Snape »

Well let's make sure your drivers are all up to date first. Go here:http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.htmlThen select your operating system from the first menu, 'Radeon' from the second menu and 'Radeon 9600 series' from the third. Click the Go button underneath the last menu and it'll take you to the drivers for that card. You're better off selecting option 2 for the download which is Display Driver only. Download, install and restart.For directx 9.0c, go here:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... ylang=enAs long as you're using a valid operating system just follow all the steps until it's downloaded and installed. To get your computer specs, go to your Run command (Start button -> Run) and enter: dxdiagThis will tell your your processor, memory (System tab) and graphics card (Display tab). It might be worth running the DirectDraw and Direct3D tests from the Display tab while you're at it.Also, does your entire PC freeze and require restarting or is it just the game needs crashing out of? Do you crash out on the games menu screen or is it only when you're actually in the game when it happens?
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

LOL WUT IZ RAM!!!11!??!/1 Kill yourself, please.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis ad capul tuum saxum immane mittam.