Router/Modem question

Something b0rked? We can help!!! Maybe.
ReDWasK

Router/Modem question

Post by ReDWasK »

fuckso i've moved out of my parent's basement finally (for now!) ;)moved out of town to go to college (Film School actually) and we just got our internet set up finally, so i went and picked up a wireless router. Sometimes tho (usually when I'm downloading shows/movies via BT) everyone loses their connection. I have to hard reboot (or whatever it's called) the modem. My wireless connection says it's strong, but the online light on the modem is off. I experienced this before when I was living with my cousin, and it would always happen when I would be downloading lots of stuff. Solutions? or just keep unplugging ac/unscrewing coaxial?
Step
FoUster
Netherlands

Re: Router/Modem question

Post by Step »

fuckso i've moved out of my parent's basement finally (for now!) ;)moved out of town to go to college (Film School actually) and we just got our internet set up finally, so i went and picked up a wireless router. Sometimes tho (usually when I'm downloading shows/movies via BT) everyone loses their connection. I have to hard reboot (or whatever it's called) the modem. My wireless connection says it's strong, but the online light on the modem is off. I experienced this before when I was living with my cousin, and it would always happen when I would be downloading lots of stuff. Solutions? or just keep unplugging ac/unscrewing coaxial?I think your modem can't handle the lot of connections BT makes... you can hardly do anything about that except putting the amount of connections less that BT makes or download/upload less or get a different modem which can handle it ;)Also it's possible to test the above by removing the router and connect your computer straight to your modem and see if the same problem occurs after a while. If it does, you can verify that the above is true. If not, it's also possible your connection of the providers sucks or you just have bad luck!
{FoU} Step
- Fate of Unwanted

Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Also check to see if your listening port is blocked by your router or not. If it is, you'll have to forward it. A symptom of this is if your downloads will go from slow, to really fast for a moment, to connection failure.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis ad capul tuum saxum immane mittam.
Anubis
FoUster

Post by Anubis »

make sure you have the moose wheel running at full capacity, setting up your own system takes a lot of power. u might even need the backup beaver generator