Having trouble with this install

Something b0rked? We can help!!! Maybe.
Outlaw
FoUster

Having trouble with this install

Post by Outlaw »

I bought the Orange box with TF2 and what not, but everytime i try and install it i get the blue screen of death. Any ideas?I tried it with all my antivirus stuff enabled and disabled and i got nothing. It just kept crashing. Please help!
Step
FoUster
Netherlands

Re: Having trouble with this install

Post by Step »

I bought the Orange box with TF2 and what not, but everytime i try and install it i get the blue screen of death. Any ideas?I tried it with all my antivirus stuff enabled and disabled and i got nothing. It just kept crashing. Please help!yeah, tell us what the blue screen of death says!
{FoU} Step
- Fate of Unwanted

Vauce
FoUster

Post by Vauce »

Hey I have a great idea. Let's ignore Step in this obviosuly Windows related post since he rarely gives advice without condescending overtones hinting towards how overly-awesome Apple products are compared to Microsoft ones. Now, tell me what the blue screen of death says, since all anyone ever does in this forum is use Google and tell you what you can find out for yourself.I'll be more than happy to regurgitate my search results for you!
Step
FoUster
Netherlands

Post by Step »

Hey I have a great idea. Let's ignore Step in this obviosuly Windows related post since he rarely gives advice without condescending overtones hinting towards how overly-awesome Apple products are compared to Microsoft ones. Now, tell me what the blue screen of death says, since all anyone ever does in this forum is use Google and tell you what you can find out for yourself.I'll be more than happy to regurgitate my search results for you!rofl im trying to help him dork, who's the computer technician here, i have problably more windows experience than you have.. :roll:
{FoU} Step
- Fate of Unwanted

Outlaw
FoUster

Post by Outlaw »

I would LOVE to tell you what it says, the thing is it shows up for about half a second and then reboots my system. All i notice is there is a bunch of works on it. Thats all it allows me to see.
Outlaw
FoUster

Post by Outlaw »

I tried the install again and this time the blue screen doesnt appear. My computer just stops in the middle of the install and then reboots itself. No blue screen or anything. Just reboots it self.
Shinra

Post by Shinra »

buy an xbox 360, no installation required ;)
Outlaw
FoUster

Post by Outlaw »

I have a 360 and im debating just buying that version and giving the PC version to my dad, because chances are his computer is fine while mine is apparently screwed up.
Terras Kasi

Post by Terras Kasi »

I would LOVE to tell you what it says, the thing is it shows up for about half a second and then reboots my system. All i notice is there is a bunch of works on it. Thats all it allows me to see.screenshot or it didnt happen.On a more serious note. Just email tech support or look for an online patch, thats probably your best bet.
~Pwner of Cypher
Step
FoUster
Netherlands

Post by Step »

Go to the properties of My Computer -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery -> Settings and at system failure dont let it say Automatically Restart. Tell us the problem then.
{FoU} Step
- Fate of Unwanted