dell dj software

Something b0rked? We can help!!! Maybe.
Anubis
FoUster

dell dj software

Post by Anubis »

i need to re-install my dell dj 30gb music player. but i have no cd and while i thought i had it backed up on my removable hard drive i dont. i thought desi had one of these so idk if u still have it and can upload or somethin or what but if someone could find this for me it would be much appreciated.ive spent a lil over 2 hours downloading and installing shit and nothing is working, its all either updates or just weird addon shit. add hardware is stumped and i wanted to add music :(
Step
FoUster
Netherlands

Post by Step »

{FoU} Step
- Fate of Unwanted

Anubis
FoUster

Post by Anubis »

see i tried that and thats a program used to help organize and get it all transferred and while it looks like a good program when i try it out it says cant connect the device cause my computer is missing the inital files from the install. idk if i slipped up on a setting or not but i think i did it right :?
Step
FoUster
Netherlands

Post by Step »

From the official dell support site:After upgrading the firmware on my DJ, MusicMatch Jukebox 9 no longer can detect my DJ.After upgrading the firmware on your DJ, you must use music management software that is PlaysForSure compatible. MusicMatch 9 is not compatible. Among the programs that you can use are:Windows Media Player 10Napster 3Tried any of these programs? Dunno if you're in the same situation?
{FoU} Step
- Fate of Unwanted

Anubis
FoUster

Post by Anubis »

downloaded napster and tried both of those but it just doesnt connect. it doesnt recognize it. i need to have it installed first otherwise im sure those programs would work.
Step
FoUster
Netherlands

Post by Step »

downloaded napster and tried both of those but it just doesnt connect. it doesnt recognize it. i need to have it installed first otherwise im sure those programs would work.installed as in drivers?Drivers and Firmware updates here
{FoU} Step
- Fate of Unwanted

Anubis
FoUster

Post by Anubis »

downloaded napster and tried both of those but it just doesnt connect. it doesnt recognize it. i need to have it installed first otherwise im sure those programs would work.installed as in drivers?Drivers and Firmware updates hereits not the driver either i need the step before it, cause when i download those it says there is no dell dj device installed on the computer or whatever, those drivers were the first place i went.i really appreciate all the help you've given so far but im almost certain the only fix is the original disc that came with the player =/
Step
FoUster
Netherlands

Post by Step »

downloaded napster and tried both of those but it just doesnt connect. it doesnt recognize it. i need to have it installed first otherwise im sure those programs would work.installed as in drivers?Drivers and Firmware updates hereits not the driver either i need the step before it, cause when i download those it says there is no dell dj device installed on the computer or whatever, those drivers were the first place i went.i really appreciate all the help you've given so far but im almost certain the only fix is the original disc that came with the player =/did you try this in another computer? could be a windows issue (due to a bad installation on your computer) it might just work normally on some other PCbtw bro, that software from that disc can only use your mp3 player when the drivers are correctly installed... if the drivers aren't, then the software (on the disc) cannot see your device
{FoU} Step
- Fate of Unwanted