Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 Bundle

For discussions on games other than the ones listed above
Evangelion

Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 Bundle

Post by Evangelion »

I think ReD briefly mentioned this in the MGS4 thread, but I wanted to get your guys opinions on it. In case anyone doesn't know, the bundle comes with an 80GB PS3, a DualShock 3 controller, and MGS4 all for $500. The bundle comes out on June 12th, the same day MGS4 comes out. My birthday is about 3 weeks before this and now I'm seriously considering it. I've been against getting a PS3 (or 360) for a while now because of the cost, but $500 for all that stuff seems actually worth jumping on. My friend just got one (along with an HDTV) and I'm really impressed. I don't have a single HDTV in my house, though. Do you really need an HDTV to get the most out of a next-gen system like the PS3 or 360?Are any of you guys planning on getting in on this?
Step
FoUster
Netherlands

Post by Step »

HDTV yes, MGS yes, PS3 yes, get it all!!!!!!!!!!
{FoU} Step
- Fate of Unwanted

Outlaw
FoUster

Post by Outlaw »

fuck it, im gonna start saving so i can get it! I FUCKING WANT MGS4!!! And it would complete my set of a Wii, 360, and a ps3 :D.
ReDWasK

Post by ReDWasK »

i was sold on it, especially since my tax return is just under $500 this year, but i'll play it in the summer, and then i wont touch it for months. Might just wait a few years. patience is a virtue, right?
Snape
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by Snape »

Maybe in Canada.If a similar bundle comes out over here, I'll probably pick one up. It just seems a lot to pay for to play one game, regardless of how good it is. Sony need to start getting more exclusives out there. Remake FFVII! KH3! GoW3! A new Ico/SotC game please!
Outlaw
FoUster

Post by Outlaw »

I think FF13 was gonna be only for ps3 right? I just dont know anymore. Someone was telling me it was gonna be for the 360 to :/. Anyway, remember snape your also buying a blue ray disk dvd player along with the ps3 :). Which is why its actually a good buy, a good game system with a kick ass dvd player.
Evangelion

Post by Evangelion »

Maybe in Canada.If a similar bundle comes out over here, I'll probably pick one up. It just seems a lot to pay for to play one game, regardless of how good it is. Sony need to start getting more exclusives out there. Remake FFVII! KH3! GoW3! A new Ico/SotC game please!I'm pretty sure I read that Europe is getting the exact same bundle, but I'll have to find the link somewhere.While Metal Gear Solid 4 is my main motivation for a PS3, there's actually a lot of games that I want to try out. Gran Turismo 5 Prolouge, Devil May Cry 4, MotorStorm, Haze, Heavenly Sword, Virtua Fighter 5, Assassin's Creed, Armored Core 4, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma are all games I'd love to play. Luckily, almost all of those games have demos on the PlayStation Store, so I'll definetly be downloading all those.
Outlaw
FoUster

Post by Outlaw »

EVAN! WTF! You havent tried DMC 4 or Assassins creed!? Dont you have any friends witha a 360!? >< You would love those games! ><
ReDWasK

Post by ReDWasK »

It just seems a lot to pay for to play one game, regardless of how good it is. werdFF13 or whatever, looks amazing, but i didnt play the last one, just dont have the time to invest like that anymore. and the other games evan mentioned, the ones im interested in are also on 360. like i said, i think i'll just wait a year or two when it's cheaper, pick it up then (even if just for blu ray) and get my mitts on MGS4
ArchAngel

Post by ArchAngel »

mgs4 is going to have a simultaneous release worldwide so the bundle would probably be available as well. im all over this game when it comes out.