Official Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Thread

For discussions on games other than the ones listed above
Bane
FoUster

Post by Bane »

i hope you didn't buy cause it was an old ps3 cause they all are backwards compatible sony has updates for old games its not the systemlittle known is that mousetraps are used to kill off mosquitos by adding blood of innocent cats ontop of sourcream and onion chips from finland.What?
Darth Bob
FoUster

Post by Darth Bob »

yeah im not really sure what he saidanyway, i just finished it, and wow, it really is a work of art. it's better than most movies. it's better than most books that become movies. if you think about it, that's what mgs is. a giant movie. not counting the 2d games, what, each mgs takes about 18 or so hours on the first time through, so, four mgs games and portable ops is like a 90 hour movie, right? well, i never played portable ops. the psp and ps3 are both iffy investments, but the ps3 is definitely the better one to choose. kind of weird saying that.snape, the controls are somewhat different. that's why you aren't familiar.anyway, without spoiling anything, the ending is incredibly satisfying, except for a couple of minute details that i couldn't quite figure out. i recommend that if you're going to play this game, and you haven't played the others, play the others first. it's worth it.
Vegeta

Post by Vegeta »

i was trying to say all ps3s are backwards compatible
Snape
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by Snape »

i was trying to say all ps3s are backwards compatibleNot necessarily. I may be wrong on this, but I believe backwards compatibility is hardware based in US models (the older ones at least) via the Emotion Engine chip and software based on European models.The discontinued 60gb UK model has PS2 compatibility using the software emulation, but the newer 40gb model does not have this emulation built into the firmware. Most PS2 games will work on my PS3, but not my friends one who has the 40gb model.Check this table out for further details:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStatio ... igurations
QuidBoy

Post by QuidBoy »

i was trying to say all ps3s are backwards compatibleNot necessarily. I may be wrong on this, but I believe backwards compatibility is hardware based in US models (the older ones at least) via the Emotion Engine chip and software based on European models.The discontinued 60gb UK model has PS2 compatibility using the software emulation, but the newer 40gb model does not have this emulation built into the firmware. Most PS2 games will work on my PS3, but not my friends one who has the 40gb model.Check this table out for further details:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStatio ... urationsSo basically, without all the gentlemanly-bullcrap:YOU'RE WRONG, BEEEETCH!!111!
[banner]
[/banner]
Vegeta

Post by Vegeta »

yep guess i heard wrong
PsychoMidget
FoUster

Post by PsychoMidget »

PsychoMidget <---- MGO
WasntMe... ShutUpYouFuck!
Evangelion

Post by Evangelion »

PsychoMidget <---- MGONo one gets killed nearly as many times as I do.
Evangelion

Post by Evangelion »

Just finished the game. Talk about a mindfuck. I seriously don't even want to type out my thoughts because it's so hard to digest everything the game throws at you. Discussion of the games ending probably deserves its own topic.
Bane
FoUster

Post by Bane »

Finished the game.And Oh My God. Greatest Game Ever Made. Meta Gen Sol. Memories, Genes, Drama. Beautiful.Happy Midsummers Everyone.