Official Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Thread

For discussions on games other than the ones listed above
Snape
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by Snape »

I know I'm late on this, but just completed it.Great game, but I probably wouldn't rank it as high as MGS3. I just found that more entertaining, liked the jungle environment, the injury healing, the capturing/eating animals, humerous codec conversations and nothing will compare to The End boss fight (although the Crying Wolf was quite cool).I noticed the length of the cut scenes a hell of a lot more in this one too. 30 minute cut scene, save game, 30 minute mission briefing, save game, take a few step forwards, 10 minute codec conversation etc. MGS2 had the same problem - the balance of game playing and movie watching wasn't quite right.Amazing graphics and storyline and I'll definitely play through again to get that Big Boss ranking (I got Eaaaaagle!) at some point, but Snake Eater is still the best MGS for me.
PsychoMidget
FoUster

Post by PsychoMidget »

well if you have the solar gun it is a big help...you dont need auto aim till like the 3rd part of the bike scene when you get trapped by the jeeps you need to shoot them with the tranq gun same with the other side.that is actually where i kept failing lolhow do u get the solar gun?
WasntMe... ShutUpYouFuck!
VII

Post by VII »

well if you have the solar gun it is a big help...you dont need auto aim till like the 3rd part of the bike scene when you get trapped by the jeeps you need to shoot them with the tranq gun same with the other side.that is actually where i kept failing lolhow do u get the solar gun?you have to beat a previous game by tranqing all the beauties and the frog unit in the first act you have to tranq them in their beast form and other formbut you really shouldnt need to use the solar gun at this part you just got to be really fast lol