The hardest post I've ever had to write...

You can talk about anything in here
Snape
Site Admin
Great Britain

The hardest post I've ever had to write...

Post by Snape »

Guys, I'm afraid I have some tragic news... this is something I found out a couple of days back and I honestly fell to pieces.I received this email from Tibby's wife...I'm Gidget, Richard (Tibby's) wife. I have wanted to let you, andthe rest of his FOU friends know that he collapsed while shopping fordinner for us, dying of a heart attack, on July 28, 2008. I have had arough time of it--Richard was my soul-mate, and losing him has beenvery, very hard. I wanted you to know that he immensely enjoyedgaming with you, and he considered you all to be his friends.Tibby was, without doubt, one of the coolest people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and FoU would not have been the same, or even lasted this long, without his contribution. To know him was to love him. He had time for everyone, wisdom beyond his years and FoU will never be the same again without him.I will be sending a reply to his wife to offer our sympathy, if anyone has any messages they want to pass on to pay their respects please leave them here or PM them to me if personal. I'll arrange an online get together this month so we can all say goodbye.I don't know what else to say, I feel sick writing this but I know I can't put it off any longer.RIP... Richard Boeckholt aka Tiberius... aka Tibby. :cry:
Musashi
FoUster

Post by Musashi »

I don't know what the fuck to type, and I can hardly see past my own tears.
Serge
FoUster

Post by Serge »

I didn't want our jokes to ever come true.Do people have enough clips of Tibby in game to make a memorial montage?
Anubis
FoUster

Post by Anubis »

theres a brief excerpt on this site about him.[web:38f5189635]http://www.usankf.org/[/web:38f5189635]i think this is actually the first time something online has made me shed tears, tibby was like a father to all of us, and certainly one of my friends. i cant believe he's gone
Anubis
FoUster

Post by Anubis »

god i cant stop thinking about this. im still young so ive got the whole invincible complex. but in may my girlfriend that i loved died in a car accident and it was and still is one of the hardest things ive had to go through, partially cause i was supposed to be with her meaning id be in the accident too. i think how i dont have anyone to post or message any of you and i wonder what if this has happened to one of our afk members in the same situation? tibby was and is one of the best guys i had the privledge to know. when a friend just asked me why i sounded so depressed i said a family member died, cause to me you guys really are family. cheers tib
Step
FoUster
Netherlands

Post by Step »

what the fuck, tib we love you man, we always will do! I don't know what to type either.......im shedding tears!
{FoU} Step
- Fate of Unwanted

Outlaw
FoUster

Post by Outlaw »

im with step, what the fuck man. I am just in shock. I cant believe that this has happened. Im not an idiot and think people dont die, but this is tibby man :(. Im very glad to have met him and played along side him in jk2. He has a great man who was loved by everyone and will be terribly missed. I will be sure to toast a drink to him. FoU for life. Rest in piece {FoU} Tiberious you will be missed good friend
PsychoMidget
FoUster

Post by PsychoMidget »

He was by far the coolest old guy I knewI regret not hanging out/talking to him enough :( I really don't know what else to say, I've always thought of fou as family... and this news is tearing me up inside.
WasntMe... ShutUpYouFuck!
LittleWask

Post by LittleWask »

Tib was my friend. The past month, I had been checking the servers a couple of times a week, looking for him, as he and I both liked to play late. I remember even going so far as to check in TnF, which is so silly to imagine Tib ever playing a no-force game, but I couldn't find him on any of the usual servers. Now I know why... But I wish I didn't.Tibby defined late-night JK2 sessions for me. They'll never be the same without him. I will miss him terribly. I feel like I can't accept this, emotionally I feel like someone just ripped a hole inside of me... I can't stop hoping that I'll sign on a server tonight, and see my old friend, waiting to ambush me as soon as I turn off my saber. This is the cruelest turn of the wheel. Fellow FoU friends and family, I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure that as much as Tib meant to me, he meant that much more to you.Snape, thanks for the information. If you would pass this along:Ma'am, my name is Al Harrold, and I live in Bremerton, WA. I am 24 years old, but when I first met your husband online, I was 17. I was going through rough times with my family and struggling in school, though in retrospect, I had far fewer troubles than I thought. Still, I felt like the world was always crashing down on me. My point is that there were times when I was feeling really down, and I would log on, and Richard was there, always, to talk to me and keep my head on straight. Sometimes for hours into the morning, we would talk. Sometimes we would just play. I always felt better, though. He was a good man, who honestly cared for people, and would guide them and comfort them when they needed it. He was an amazing person, and a very fine friend. I will miss him profoundly. My condolences.
Zaphinkhiel

Post by Zaphinkhiel »

Oh God, after recently re-installing jk2 I was looking through servers every now and then, looking for some random DFA action that Tibby always offered, sad to see that's not gonna happen anymore... Harsh times for the jk2 community lately...
[<<MotF>>]~Zaph