Alert for anyone who needs help with Spy Wiper

Any official news or announcements needed to be made
Christian

Alert for anyone who needs help with Spy Wiper

Post by Christian »

ok, i had this problem with a program called Spy Wiper for about the last 24 hours. the pricks who sell this product basically passes through any pop up stopping software in order to advertise this so you buy it off them.
i have ad-aware (thanks to Cypher) but this "pop-up" (which actually advertises by saying if your cd drives were opened when their pop-up came up, then you have spyware on your computer :roll:) cannot be removed by ad-aware for some strange reason.
in order to get rid of this annoying ad, go get spybot (search google, i forget the link) and it'll take care of this problem. the file that has to be destroyed looks to be something called an Alexa file. if you run Spybot, it'll find it and take care of it for you. then, no more annoying advertisement from money grubbing bitches :)
just thought i'd give you guys a heads up since i had a big problem with this. i even sent them an email saying i'd file a lawsuit if they kept this shit up :P
Step
FoUster
Netherlands

Post by Step »

houston we got a problem here

nah, just go tell them you're gonna kick their head in if they dont stop throwing shit at us
{FoU} Step
- Fate of Unwanted

tiberius

Post by tiberius »

TRY THIS LIL CHRISSY.....
[url]http://www.safer-networking.org/[/url]
its free
To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others. - Buddha
Christian

Post by Christian »

that's what i just got Tib. works like a charm. just watch out for that Spy Wiper shit. the only thing that will take care of it is Spybot.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Now all we need is the right word or two, to make it all stick like glue.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis ad capul tuum saxum immane mittam.
MusashiJr

Post by MusashiJr »

i use Norton Anti Virus it gets the job done checking viruses though. 8)
:spam: ~ I Run This Bizz ~
Evangelion

Post by Evangelion »

This can be a great help to my pc. :cheers:You, quit spamming the boards up in every single freakin' topic... :P
ErBSMoKAh

Post by ErBSMoKAh »

Is the one you gave me not good anymore tibby? I had spybot and I thought it sucked.
tiberius

Post by tiberius »

lately i have been using pest patrol corporate edition.........damn good stuff..........let me know if you want it, ill put it on the server
To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others. - Buddha
Jordan
FoUster

Post by Jordan »

Didn't want to have to start a new thread, so maybe someone will see this...Basically, I picked up some annoying ad-ware, and it pops up whenever I type in "www.fouclan.com", and other random times. Something like "Prescrip-r-biz", or something. Anyways, I had the same thing as Chris (yeah I know this was months ago), and the ad-ware...well, let me explain everything that keeps coming up..The main is the "prescription" one, for like meds, and other things. Another that comes up is this "Adult search", with some strange links, but it's blocked by Norton. Another, one is for a "Spy Deleter", and whatever. I tried using Norton to scan for it, but I let it sit for at least two hours and didn't do anything. It's not a big deal, but it's annoying as hell. It blocks out pictures at sites and replaces them with ads. I could really use some help with this...By the way, I do have spy-bot, but it hasn't done anything to fix this problem.
And then Akon was like, Wooohooo! YEEHOOO!