Check out this new realism and what it adds to CoD

Suggestions and comments for Desu's |House of Pain| server
DesuMacchi

Check out this new realism and what it adds to CoD

Post by DesuMacchi »

I know its alot to read but check out the Player Classes, Medics, Engineers, Foot Soldiers.Only Engineeres can set bombs, Medics can heal people, Foot Soldiers can carry 2 weapons...Good SHIT!http://homepage.ntlworld.com/boothee/VS ... ReadMe.txt
Musashi
FoUster

Post by Musashi »

Too much added for the shellshock, falling, bash, bullets and death? I think explosions is enough.Besides that, I like the it, adds even more of a team element.
DesuMacchi

Post by DesuMacchi »

Too much added for the shellshock, falling, bash, bullets and death? I think explosions is enough.Besides that, I like the it, adds even more of a team element.those are all adjustable Mussy. I have shellshock on the server now and I have it set up decently where it doesnt happen all the time but ebough to make you notice.Here is the cfg I just set up so later today I will upload all the new files and restart the server and we will give it a go :)//TOTAL WAR SETTINGSset vs_DontKeepWeapons "1" //0 = Keep weapons (game default), 1 = Don't keepset vs_playpainsounds "1" //1 = play pain sounds, 0 = no pain soundsset vs_Scoreboard "1" //Show Scoreboardset vs_ScoreboardUpdateTime "1" //frequency that scoreboard gets updatedset vs_DropWeaponOnDeath "1" //drop weapon when you dieset vs_debug "0" //1 = ON, 0 = OFF. You should leave this at 0//Player Classesset vs_playerclasses "1" //1 = Player Clases ON, 0 = OFFset vs_firstaidkits "3" //number of first aid kits the medic getsset vs_engineers "1" //1 = Engineers ON, 0 = off. only engineers can set and defuse bombsset vs_ClassIconOnScoreboard "1" //1 = Show the player class on the scoreboard//Server Messagesset sv_rddelay "8" //Set time in seconds between messages//lines of Textset sv_linerd1 "^1Welcome to ^1[BTP-FoU] ^7SD-HQ ^4Total War Realism Server"set sv_linerd2 "^3Extra features include ^1Player Classes"set sv_linerd3 "^1Medics ^3can heal team-mates by holding down ^7USE ^3key"set sv_linerd4 "^3Engineers are the ^1ONLY ONES able to set and diffuse BOMBS"set sv_linerd5 "^3Weapons tweaked, Cookable Nades, much much more"//Clan Balancing//set syn_clanteam to "allies", "axis" or "off"set syn_clanname "" //Text in player name to signify they are a member of your clanset syn_clanteam "off" //set to "off", "allies" or "axis"//Spawn Protection set vs_SpawnProtection "1" //Players protected when they spawnset vs_SpawnProtectionTime "8" //number of seconds the player is protectedset vs_SpawnProtectionAvatar "1" //Show an avatar above spawn protected players headsset vs_SpawnProtectionEndOnShoot "1" //Spawn protection ends if the fire their weapon//Sniper limits set vs_LimitSniperRifles "1" // limit sniper rifles 0 = No, 1 = yesset vs_alliedSniperLimit "5" //number of sniper rifles permitted for Alliesset vs_axisSniperLimit "5" //number of sniper rifles permitted for Axis//Client Overridesset vs_server_commands_refresh "5" //how often the following client overrides get checkedset vs_forcebwnames "0" //forces names to black and white 0 = OFF, 1 = ONset vs_fixnames "1" //remove leading and trailing spaces 0 = OFF, 1 = ON set vs_fixnamecolours "0" //special VS-UK name checking. Should be left 0set vs_no_crosshairs "0" //Turn crosshairs off 0 = crosshairs permitted , 1 = NO crosshairsset vs_no_crosshair_names "0" //0 = ShowNames, 1 = don't show namesset vs_hud "1" //show the players head up display 0 = OFF, 1 = ON//Points for getting and setting bombsset vs_bombpoints "1" //1 = get extra points, 0 = no pointsset vs_setbombpoints "2" //number of points gained for setting a bombset vs_defusebombpoints "3" //number of points gained for defusing a bomb//Shell Shockset sv_shellshock_grenade "1" //grenade explosions cause shellshockset sv_shellshock_bash "1" //bash causes shellshockset sv_shellshock_fall "1" //fall causes shellshockset sv_shellshock_panzer "1" //panzerfaust blah shellshockset sv_shellshock_bullet "1" //bullet blah shellshockset sv_shellshock_death "1" //Death Shellshockset sv_bash_ss_time "7" //time shellshocked when bashedset sv_grenade_ss_time "7" //time shellshocked when grenade goes off nearbyset sv_fall_ss_time "3" //time shellshocked when a person falls and takes damage (has the effect of slowing them down)set sv_panzer_ss_time "5" //time shellshocked when hit with panzerfaustset sv_bullet_ss_time "0.5" //decimal figure for bullet shellshock time I recommned < 1.0 because it just becomes an annoyanceset sv_start_nade "0" //minimum damage sustained to be shellshocked by nadeset sv_start_bash "0" //minimum damage sustained to be shellshocked by bashset sv_start_panzer "0" //minimum damage sustained to be shellshocked by panzerfaustset sv_start_fall "5" //minimum damage sustained to be shellshocked by fallingset sv_start_bullet "5" //minimum damage sustained to be shellshocked by a bullet//Starting Ammo Levelsset vs_Ammom1carbine 40set vs_Ammom1garand 40set vs_Ammothompson 100set vs_Ammobar 100set vs_Ammospringfield 40set vs_Ammoenfield 40set vs_Ammosten 100set vs_Ammobren 100set vs_Ammomosin_nagant 40set vs_Ammoppsh 142set vs_Ammomosin_nagant_sniper 40set vs_Ammokar98k 40set vs_Ammomp40 100set vs_Ammomp44 100set vs_Ammokar98k_sniper 40
Musashi
FoUster

Post by Musashi »

Sweet, can't wait to try this out. I'm glad I bought the game now.
DesuMacchi

Post by DesuMacchi »

Sweet, can't wait to try this out. I'm glad I bought the game now.Cool!I thought I saw you on it the other day.Its up and running now, I couldnt wait any longer :)Now all we need is some people to get in the server :)My old server is back up as well.It is LEGIT and running HQ only with the same Realism mod and all that.Hope to see you guys on here sometime today :)Gimme some feedback in this post of what you think about the realism and Player Classes and such.Be sure to spread the word to the noobs joining the server that ONLY ENGINEERS can set and diffuse bombs!It will be self explanitory for them to picka class, it tells you how when you join the server.I think its done by pressing "Y" and then picking what you want to be :)Sounds gravy!*has wood*
Musashi
FoUster

Post by Musashi »

OMGWTFLOL, HE'S SPORTING WOOD!!!1!oneone1!!1
Bane
FoUster

Post by Bane »

wow
HanK

Post by HanK »

So is the mod for SD? Seems like that is going to change the game to only focus on killing engineers. It should still be fun though. :)
DesuMacchi

Post by DesuMacchi »

So is the mod for SD? Seems like that is going to change the game to only focus on killing engineers. It should still be fun though. :)its for all gametypes.SD yeah for the Engineers, but medics and foot soldiers for all other gametypes.Causes you to use your team even more than we do now.and how will you know who is an engineer on the other team?NOOB!
HanK

Post by HanK »

Are there limits on the number of players you can have in each class (I should probably read that summary thing shouldn't I)?