Crashing a server

You can talk about anything in here
big

Crashing a server

Post by big »

Are there any other ways to chrash a server? My friend want to protect his server vs. galak_mech and downloaded the assets7.pk3 file. I want to know if there is a other way to crash a server and to avoid that.
Snape
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by Snape »

The galak_mech doesn't stop it being used on the server, it just means that anyone who has it will not be affected. As for other crashes, yeah there are plenty but no real way to stop them. Put it this way, if someone wants to crash your server, and they really know what they're doing - they can and will.
big

Post by big »

Ya yesterday my friend said to a guy that noobed arround stop or be kicked, but he told that the server crash if he will be kicked. We kicked him an then the servr crashed. I dont know how this can happen. :oops:
DaikatanaGenshu

Post by DaikatanaGenshu »

Ya yesterday my friend said to a guy that noobed arround stop or be kicked, but he told that the server crash if he will be kicked. We kicked him an then the servr crashed. I dont know how this can happen. :oops:It's called Darkside v6 mang. You can just input the IP of any JK2 server and it'll flood it with false UDP packets.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Many other ways to fuck servers up as well.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis ad capul tuum saxum immane mittam.
big

Post by big »

And there is no protection against that?
TacoBell

Post by TacoBell »

And there is no protection against that?Get the hacker's IP and if they are just Noob Hackers. Hack em back.
big

Post by big »

:D I can't hack lol but would you suggest to bann them?
TacoBell

Post by TacoBell »

:D I can't hack lol but would you suggest to bann them?If they use a proxy or DSL there IP will changed, and they will only get mader.I suggest just ignore it and they will get board of it. Best thing is just to put the server right back up. Look like it doesn't bother u.
big

Post by big »

OK I'll try to ignore them, but sometimes they even lag, too.