enough is enough, a TLoD motiviatonal post

War. What is it good for? Anything related to this sexy WWII game inside.
Darth Bob
FoUster

enough is enough, a TLoD motiviatonal post

Post by Darth Bob »

ive done a lot of hard thinking, and unless our team has some changes, we're going to go nowhere. read my post before answering the poll.
the first issue, is the team's attitude. all signed up for this team to be a part of a competition, not a field frolick. if you cant make the match, i understand, but if you fail to provide a serious reason, thats not good. you signed up to this team willingly, now you must give back. i put in a lot of work to get everything set up, theres still a lot of work to be done too. if you dont give back your part, showing up for a 15 minute match, you might as well find something else to do. now obviously i might never get to see a match or play again (and im also surprised at how much help you're putting in) and thats something we cannot control. very much that is. i take full responsibility for not being able to find the IP address for the match, but considering i was doing it alone wasn't exactly what i had planned. but back to this topic, attitude, if you're unwilling to give it your all and take one for the team in order to win, then you should quit now and let the others step up.
the next issue, is communication. those who still are lacking ventrilo need to get it. if you dont have a mic, buy one. i bought mine for 10 dollars at comp USA and im sure you can do that. its all back to sacrifice again, if we all put in a little, we end up with a nice big pot. if you fail to check to the team messages or PMs, then thats your fault and you should change it. ive tried my best to tell everyone about the match, and its worked for the most part, but a couple of you have yet to even post on this forum about the match. this will have to change. if you arent taking the time to read this post, then once again, this must not be for you.
the next topic is dedication, if you're only in TLoD to have a nice tag, then get out. out of 11 players, i find it hard to believe that we cant get 6 to show up for 15 minutes. a few have reasonable explainations, others dont, and thats just sad. it isnt about YOU it isnt about ME its about the TEAM and you have made a commitment that need not be broken. you want to succeed? it all starts with being committed. if you arent serious about what you're doing, then you should start now. the success of great teams is not how talented one person is or how much money they can spend, the real successful teams have commitment and chemsitry. if you dont know the people very well on the team, get to know them. to be the best, you have to work like the best. do you think the number 1 ranked team acts like we do? no they dont. and theres a reason why they dont. you figure it out.
the fourth issue has to do with being a better player. we all cannot rely on 1 teammate in order to win a match, then we arent a team. if you keep moping about how bad we are, then why dont you try and change it? im not saying we all have a LAN training camp, but for crying out loud, you cant get better if you dont practice. the way to get better is to learn from your mistakes, and exploiting other people's mistakes. if you're camping in the same spot every round, and you die every round, do you go back there? if you arent a bit angry when you are killed, then something is a matter.
the fifth problem is somewhat redundant, but its the work ethic. to be great at something you must work at it. how do you think the top jk2/swg players get so good? they work, grind, and practice. if you guys arent giving it your all in every game, in every round, in every match, then you are hindering the rest of the team. tap those keys until your hands hurt, study the maps until you have a headache, learn the weapons until you know how to use each one with ease, do these and more and you will turn out better than you ever have been. if you're bored and finished reading the forums, go play. if you're done grinding in SWG, pick up that MP44 and shoot. if youve finished your homework and sitting around being a couch potato, get up and kill a few nazis. just dont give up.
issue 6 is our player problem. we have 11 players, that is one short of the number i desire. if anyone else is willing to take the challenge, to benefit the team, to prove to all that we are competitors, then say so. we need all the people we can get right now, since we cant get 6 out of 11 to show up at 11:00 (changing for some) at night on a saturday.
if this post did not change your mind at all, then re-read it. when you have made your decision, choose an answer, and post a reply. i did include a third choice in case any non TLoD was tempted to vote and throw everything off, something that is not nice at all. good day to you all, and remember this: "TLoD, Only $99.99!"
DesuMacchi

Post by DesuMacchi »

i will give you a 30lb pile of Bantha Dung and 5 credits for the deed!
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

bob, Can i join your clan?
Darth Bob
FoUster

Post by Darth Bob »

i suppose calvin, that is if you can figure out the registration part which a few of my members had extreme trouble doing. i also must add, i have requested a rest so we can sort all this stuff out. after the rest i expect a team of ready to go fighters....and a working game....
Kamm
FoUster

Post by Kamm »

I'm not going to vote on any of these choices, because none of these fit my opinion. I came to my friend's house because I rarely get to see them. If it was like me going to my neighbors house then I woulda stayed home for the match but I couldn't not go so. Just let us all know before you absolutely make a match.
Darth Bob
FoUster

Post by Darth Bob »

kam thats one of the reasons i didnt mention any names. well now that you say so here we go

bob-dead computer...well for cod at least
jace-out of town, excused
tom-out of town, excused
kam-YOU WERE EXCUSED for giving a reason foo
dai-NO SPECIFIC REASON, NOT EXCUZED! the non-serious about TLoD post didnt help either
taco-never replied, meaning i assume hes going
midget-was going to show up
hobar-was going to show up
re-tardish-was going to show up
tenchi-was going to show up
gheed-was going to show up
as you see we only had 5 people, 4 with excuses, and 2 with none
Gheed2k

Post by Gheed2k »

Taco pretty much died lol, when you get the IP, ask for a password too...
Also get new leaders to help you out. A leader isent the best player on the team. Elect me for Co-Captain! though I probably going to lack some time.
Hey! I have a signature!
DaikatanaGenshu

Post by DaikatanaGenshu »

Darth Bob wrote:kam thats one of the reasons i didnt mention any names. well now that you say so here we go

bob-dead computer...well for cod at least
jace-out of town, excused
tom-out of town, excused
kam-YOU WERE EXCUSED for giving a reason foo
dai-NO SPECIFIC REASON, NOT EXCUZED! the non-serious about TLoD post didnt help either
taco-never replied, meaning i assume hes going
midget-was going to show up
hobar-was going to show up
re-tardish-was going to show up
tenchi-was going to show up
gheed-was going to show up
as you see we only had 5 people, 4 with excuses, and 2 with none

I really don't play CoD anymore, so I guess I wouldn't really be of any help to you guys.
jacen

Post by jacen »

i do wish more people would get serious and i really wanted to play too... if people are gonna have a shitass attitude towards tlod like this then fuck it. This isint directed at only the people that didnt give exscuses but the clan as a whole. I didnt read any of bobs psychological shit because 1. it doesnt really work for me and 2. its too damn long. But in the long run i must agree wif the point bob is getting at. Oh yeah i voted yes.
If you're fresh, you're clean.
Darth Bob
FoUster

Post by Darth Bob »

who 2 voted no