the mother of all maps update

Updates on mapping progress
Darth Bob
FoUster

the mother of all maps update

Post by Darth Bob »

yes yes i fear this will be the biggest mapping embarkment i have tackled on in quite a while. as you have been hinted it is ctf compatible with ffa and role play elements. how you might ask? well wtf shut up. the main ctf/lobby/outdoors is a take on a roman type palace with an fouster museum with various small items that we have made up along the way. ie steps box, milko's milk carton, cypher's pixel. there are of course numerous secrets and well i just made this up but hopefully one of the big secrets is going to be a space dome. yes dammit a space dome. the space dome will have enhanced fighting arenas and living quarters since the palace cannot accomidate all of it alone. of course that isnt the secret room with the most "power" but it will be a biggie. of course the secrets will somehow link and trust me there will be plenty and i wont tell you how to get to them either.a map this big wont be done in 2 weeks, unless i work nonstop. this might be out by may but definately before next school year! lol!
DaikatanaGenshu

Post by DaikatanaGenshu »

WORK BOB WORK! :evil:
Evangelion

Post by Evangelion »

Well, let's just hope that this map doesn't "break" like BF2 did... :lol:
Darth Bob
FoUster

Post by Darth Bob »

ok today i sorta made spiral stairs but they're a little bit on the short side so ill devise some other good looking staircase but here is the screenshot so far
DesuMacchi

Post by DesuMacchi »

Stay away from the gray bro!!!!!!I will try sometime this week in between work and such to make some textures dude. Just promise me to stay away from that fou2 gray texture! BLAND, BLAND I SAY!! You gotta spice it up bro, turn it up a notch... the shroom textures are what players are looking for, but since you are going for the roman look I will get some "bland gray" textures...STAY AWAY FROM BLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DesuMacchi

Post by DesuMacchi »

what size are the textures so I can have at it here at work for a bit and shit...
DesuMacchi

Post by DesuMacchi »

this is what I have from my textures in 3d studio maxi cant send you them all of course its like 400 megs...its all photo-realistic
DesuMacchi

Post by DesuMacchi »

like a floor like this would be decent
Darth Bob
FoUster

Post by Darth Bob »

i only used that grey on the wall so i could tell the caulk stairs apart.the size of teh images needs to be to the power of 2 like 512 x 256 or 1024 x 512 or 256 x 256. you know good stuff like that. i havent textured most of it because ive been working on TEH structure stuff like teh stairs. believe it or not the floor in that picture is marble. if you have a better white marble though... heres a screen from teh radiant screen. fuck the size limit wont lemme post it.
DesuMacchi

Post by DesuMacchi »

email it BEETCH, you have my email address, USE IT!