City of Heroes Beta

Not a massive FoU game but enough play it to warrant it's own board!
Gilgamesh

Post by Gilgamesh »

Harr, the city enviroment does remind me a bit of GTA. One of the best things in this game however is being able to jump, yes thats right JUMP in an MMORPG. You are constantly jumping off of fences, buildings, etc etc. Eventually you can learn to fly and teleport.You should check this game out if your A: A Superhero Geek, or Supervillian Geek (The first expansion will add the ability to become EEEVIL). B: You are sick of the constant treadmill-esque MMO's where you have to constantly level up, constantly get the best items,armor, and weapons and make a bunch of cash.It's a pretty low-(stress?) and fun game so far.
Vauce
FoUster

Post by Vauce »

Harr, the city enviroment does remind me a bit of GTA. One of the best things in this game however is being able to jump, yes thats right JUMP in an MMORPG. You are constantly jumping off of fences, buildings, etc etc. Eventually you can learn to fly and teleport.You should check this game out if your A: A Superhero Geek, or Supervillian Geek (The first expansion will add the ability to become EEEVIL). B: You are sick of the constant treadmill-esque MMO's where you have to constantly level up, constantly get the best items,armor, and weapons and make a bunch of cash.It's a pretty low-(stress?) and fun game so far./jumpBOIIIING! Vauce jumps high in the air! Your point?
HanK

Post by HanK »

*hits space bar, lands in tree, space again, jumps down from tree onto car, one more time then off the car and over a fence*I think that was his point. :wink:
Gilgamesh

Post by Gilgamesh »

*and jumps down off of a huge building to elude 5 thugs withs chainsaws/shotguns/etc.* Or when he gets flight he *Flys away from the thug with a bat and zaps him safely from the air*Right well, scroo joo, I'm gunna go play now.
Vauce
FoUster

Post by Vauce »

What's this? In WoW you can fly AND swim. (And fight underwater if your a druid...)
Evangelion

Post by Evangelion »

What's this? In WoW you can fly AND swim. (And fight underwater if your a druid...)I don't see what all this talk about World of Warcraft is about. The game still has a LONG time before release and it'll probably get pushed back anyway... :?
Vauce
FoUster

Post by Vauce »

What's this? In WoW you can fly AND swim. (And fight underwater if your a druid...)I don't see what all this talk about World of Warcraft is about. The game still has a LONG time before release and it'll probably get pushed back anyway... :?Exactly! So I will get to start at the same time as everyone else.
{FoU}Shatterstar

Post by {FoU}Shatterstar »

So it's pretty fun to play huh? Gilga what kinda of superhero is your character? his/her powers I mean?
[shadow=green:9bb764c5b6]~Shat Happens[/shadow:9bb764c5b6]
Saurrr!

Post by Saurrr! »

What's this? In WoW you can fly AND swim. (And fight underwater if your a druid...)I don't see what all this talk about World of Warcraft is about. The game still has a LONG time before release and it'll probably get pushed back anyway... :?That made me cry a little :cry:
Gilgamesh

Post by Gilgamesh »

So far I've played with two characters.This one is a Technology Scrapper (Scrappers are the High Damage Melee Fighters). Pretty ordinary really, but he does have a Katana however. As soon as he levels up he will be able to run as fast as the Flash BOOYAH. His other side powers allow him to dodge most attacks.This one is a Technology Blaster. (Blasters are the ranged combat fighters, they do as much damage as scrappers but have less hp and defense)I love playing as this guy, I have an assault rifle (as pictured) that has burst fire (good for some quick damage) slugs (good to knock the shit out of a single enemy, I mean literally knock them down) buckshot (good to hurt and knockdown several enemies) and m3 Grenades (good to knock the shit out of a large group), there are a lot more when I level up.His secondary powers are gadgets, right now all I have is a web-grenade that keeps melee fighters stuck to the group while I blast them from a safe distance. Later down the road I'll get some cool shit like auto-turrets I can place on the ground.Some of the most fun with this guy is what I picked for his 3rd super power, flight. Right now its really slow but I get a good 15 feet off the ground fairly quick and only enemies with ranged attacks can hit me.Anywho, some quick snapshots:oh yeah beeches, that's right my wang is so huge they made me my own bathroom. (actually when you go to choose your gender in the character selection screen you can choose from Male, Female, and HUGE.This is one of the better emotes, /e newspaper, you got to see it in action to understand why.