Having trouble at the magic anvil? HUZAH!

The new MMORPG doing the rounds, feel free to converse about KO here...
Musashi
FoUster

Having trouble at the magic anvil? HUZAH!

Post by Musashi »

OK, I may have cracked this:Every base scroll that you use for upgrading items has a 20% probability of succeeding in an upgrade. Be it an enchantment scroll or a cursed scroll. So, how do we increase the chance of making an upgrade? ADD MORE SCROLLS!I tried it with an enchantment scroll and a cursed upgrade scroll. I got a '+' upgrade (now Assassin Dagger (+3) ), but the enchantment scroll did not work. So it seems, even though the enchantment scroll failed, the upgrade scroll did not. The one scroll working, canceled out the break in the weapon.Try it on a cheap weapon. There is still a 60% possibiliy of a break, so add more scrolls, and see what happens.Scrolls cost 244,800 coins to buy, so I suggest you kill monsters to get upgrade scrolls, and buy the rest, to save as much money as possible.
Evangelion

Re: Having trouble at the magic anvil? HUZAH!

Post by Evangelion »

OK, I may have cracked this:Every base scroll that you use for upgrading items has a 20% probability of succeeding in an upgrade. Be it an enchantment scroll or a cursed scroll. So, how do we increase the chance of making an upgrade? ADD MORE SCROLLS!I tried it with an enchantment scroll and a cursed upgrade scroll. I got a '+' upgrade (now Assassin Dagger (+3) ), but the enchantment scroll did not work. So it seems, even though the enchantment scroll failed, the upgrade scroll did not. The one scroll working, canceled out the break in the weapon.Try it on a cheap weapon. There is still a 60% possibiliy of a break, so add more scrolls, and see what happens.Scrolls cost 244,800 coins to buy, so I suggest you kill monsters to get upgrade scrolls, and buy the rest, to save as much money as possible.So if I used 3 Cursed Upgrade Scrolls, I would have a better chance of it NOT breaking? :P
Cypher

Post by Cypher »

how does the weapon durability thing work.. can they be repaired?I looted a sweet 37 dmg twop handed sword40 glacier dmg.. just don't want it to break :(
Musashi
FoUster

Re: Having trouble at the magic anvil? HUZAH!

Post by Musashi »

OK, I may have cracked this:Every base scroll that you use for upgrading items has a 20% probability of succeeding in an upgrade. Be it an enchantment scroll or a cursed scroll. So, how do we increase the chance of making an upgrade? ADD MORE SCROLLS!I tried it with an enchantment scroll and a cursed upgrade scroll. I got a '+' upgrade (now Assassin Dagger (+3) ), but the enchantment scroll did not work. So it seems, even though the enchantment scroll failed, the upgrade scroll did not. The one scroll working, canceled out the break in the weapon.Try it on a cheap weapon. There is still a 60% possibiliy of a break, so add more scrolls, and see what happens.Scrolls cost 244,800 coins to buy, so I suggest you kill monsters to get upgrade scrolls, and buy the rest, to save as much money as possible.So if I used 3 Cursed Upgrade Scrolls, I would have a better chance of it NOT breaking? :PNo, you cannot use two of the same scroll. But there are a lot of different types of scrolls, so use a few.
Snape
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by Snape »

I got a cursed scroll, is it worth hanging on to it until I have a decent weapon?
Musashi
FoUster

Post by Musashi »

I got a cursed scroll, is it worth hanging on to it until I have a decent weapon?Yes. If you don't want to have it hanging in your inventory though, find a Inn Hostess and put it in storage. What's your name in game? I'll get you a better sword, and some armor and accessories, boost up your stats a little.
Snape
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by Snape »

I m Snapey the orc. Hear my name and tremble.I'm nipping on in a min actually, you coming?
DesuMacchi

Post by DesuMacchi »

I got a cursed scroll, is it worth hanging on to it until I have a decent weapon?yes keep em allyou can go to the Inn Hostess and open a storage to keep your stuff so your inventory stays clean, and sell alot of stuff for money
GoldToofHustla

Post by GoldToofHustla »

How do you use the upgrade scrolls?
DesuMacchi

Post by DesuMacchi »

How do you use the upgrade scrolls?go to the Magic Anvil in the center of town up top, and you use the upgrade scrolls there to upgrade weapons and armor.... but have a back up cuz sometimes it destroys what you are upgrading...