LiCk MAPPING QUESTIONS

Updates on mapping progress
Kamm
FoUster

Post by Kamm »

I swear I just saw a solar eclipse.
Gaggle

Post by Gaggle »

lol solar eclipse.. rofl... dude SUPA thnx for helping out... UR SO COOL.... FOU IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN ZOU.. dont tell anyone that.. i dont wanna get raped by the fags at zou.. rofl

Its all bout mE!
Darth Bob
FoUster

Re: LiCk MAPPING QUESTIONS

Post by Darth Bob »

Hey this is Gaggle.. i know taco, digital, and gramps from a server and i have a question for all you good mappers.....well.. questions.. 1. How can u make a slippery floor2. I tried to do a button activated door.. didnt work.. help3. my custom textures didnt work..=( ... I made a textures folder and in that textures folder made anotta folder... then all the textures are in there... BUT I CANT SEE THEM!!!!... = (1. theres a slipper shader in the same place as caulk and trigger. it has a picture of kyle falling, you cant miss it. make a caulk_nonsolid brush with the slippery texture on the top and bottom of the brush above the floor.2. i use a trigger multiple connected to the door (ctrl k) with a use tag in front of a button, because i dont get func_button.3. make sure the textures are all multiples of 2. this is confusing at first but here are examples of sizes:64 x 64, 256 x 256, 256 x 512, 1024 x 32 just to name some numbers.
Gaggle

Post by Gaggle »

i use GTK radiant not JK2 radiant.. im not sure if that'll work.. ill try it though.... thnx

Its all bout mE!
Gaggle

Post by Gaggle »

didnt work...... but who cares bout that now.... how can i add music.. i tried the thingy but it said cudnt find once it loaded up :twisted:

Its all bout mE!
Gaggle

Post by Gaggle »

lol silly me... its cuz i tested the BSP not all the files and the music was in there... BUT.. i used a program ZipZag for converting .zip to .pk3.. AND IT EXPIRED!!! i tried using winzip and i made it a .pk3.. but when i tried to boot it up it said cant find map..... WTF...lol help

Its all bout mE!
Supa

Post by Supa »

I love my winzip... and jk2radiant
Darth Bob
FoUster

Post by Darth Bob »

winzip and gtk radiant is what i use. my jk2 radiant got bugged up after too many compiles. and theres nothing like renaming file extensions to make it a pk3, works like a charm.
Gaggle

Post by Gaggle »

i wish i can visit this place and they just show me everything bout making a map.... i can definitly use it......ive figured out a TON by myself...and on the TUTORIALS it says press ctrl + k... never works.. i figured that out.....but this elevator is a tricky one .... and i still cant do that damn slippery floor :mad:

Its all bout mE!