Hosting a Server?

If there are any comments or suggestions for our server, seek the answer here.
gramps

Hosting a Server?

Post by gramps »

Anyone know how to do this without paying monthly?Like snape is doing? I have a great connection, and could do a free server, but I need some info. :P
:{8):
DaikatanaGenshu

Post by DaikatanaGenshu »

Great connection doesn't mean a whole lot unless you got a load of RAM to support all the clients that connect. At least 512 or more I'd say.
Zaphinkhiel

Post by Zaphinkhiel »

well basically you just do 'create server' and dedicated for internet if you want to make it like that (or configure with jedirunner if yuo gots teh original jk2cd)if that won't show your server on teh master list that means you got a passive ip :P
[<<MotF>>]~Zaph
gramps

Post by gramps »

ok i have the original cd, and what is this jedirunner thing? dai - i have the space, i just need to get it so its not local. :?
:{8):
Zaphinkhiel

Post by Zaphinkhiel »

well it's nothing that'll make your server work on teh net if it doesnt work now, it's just a program to config lots of stuffs on teh server :P
[<<MotF>>]~Zaph
TacoBell

Post by TacoBell »

Could I buy a server computer that can hold 16 people like a hosted one? But I own it and all?
Zaphinkhiel

Post by Zaphinkhiel »

prolly yeh but wouldnt you need to have uber huge connection bandwidth then :shock:
[<<MotF>>]~Zaph
DaikatanaGenshu

Post by DaikatanaGenshu »

If you're on a router you'll most likely have to disconnect your modem from it so your connection is running from the modem only.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I think you should ask Drep'anon about it.
Zyrac

Post by Zyrac »

yeh ask drep he is god, he knows it all, he got evrything, he knows how to hack the servers so that he gets rcon and shit.... :oops: :twisted: :oops: :oops: