World of Warcraft

The latest MMORPG to cause a stir in the community
jacen

World of Warcraft

Post by jacen »

Alright someone whos played this give me the info on this game. Whats it like what do you do, whens it come out, how much per month. I was seriously considering buying this before, thats whenever the day is when I log on to galaxies and im bored as hell. I might just get WoW then.
If you're fresh, you're clean.
UberGoat

Post by UberGoat »

What's it like and what do you do = You choose from 8 races and 4 races are on each faction (there are 2 factions : Alliance and Horde). Each race has their own classes (some or most classes are an option in several races). You start out at a city relating to your race (Humans : you start out in a castle type place / Night Elves : you start out in a place with a lot of tall trees) and you can gain experience by accepting quests and completing them or just running around and killing monsters. The game basically takes place in the medieval times because you have swords and shields (some races actually have guns) and there is also magic. Your class determines what kind of weapons and armor you are capable of using. There is a unique mount for each race (and you have to be level 40 to learn to ride them and actually ride them) and the max level is 60 at the moment. Other transports include riding on air mounts, boats, and underground trains (possible animals that are tamed by Hunters).Scheduled release date is November 23rd.How much per month =$14.95 for 1 month$41.97 for 3 months (basically $13.99 per month)$77.94 for 6 months (basically $12.99 per month)I was in the open beta and it was pretty kool at first, but I wouldn't want to pay monthly for it.
GuessWho17

Post by GuessWho17 »

I'm considering on trying it out for atleast a month. We will see on Tuesday. If its really good I will cancel one of my swg accounts and put the monthly pay for WoW instead.
UberGoat

Post by UberGoat »

I'm considering on trying it out for atleast a month. We will see on Tuesday. If its really good I will cancel one of my swg accounts and put the monthly pay for WoW instead.You have more than one SWG account?!?! If you're not gonna pay for WoW, could I have one? :!:
Vauce
FoUster

Post by Vauce »

From what i've heard, and from the 5 months I spent reading everything about it, basically it's Diablo 2. But with extremely basic tradeskills, a lot of people, PvP, and $15 a month.
GuessWho17

Post by GuessWho17 »

I'm considering on trying it out for atleast a month. We will see on Tuesday. If its really good I will cancel one of my swg accounts and put the monthly pay for WoW instead.You have more than one SWG account?!?! If you're not gonna pay for WoW, could I have one? :!:One of my accounts is the one I've had from day 1. The other consists of my Jedi. I think you know my answer to that one :P
UberGoat

Post by UberGoat »

I'm considering on trying it out for atleast a month. We will see on Tuesday. If its really good I will cancel one of my swg accounts and put the monthly pay for WoW instead.You have more than one SWG account?!?! If you're not gonna pay for WoW, could I have one? :!:One of my accounts is the one I've had from day 1. The other consists of my Jedi. I think you know my answer to that one :PI'll take the one you've had since day 1. :buttrock:
MasteredCloud
FoUster

Post by MasteredCloud »

I was playing quite some in the Open Beta....my cousin and his crew had a guild established on our server, and we plan on recreating everything in retail....it's basiclly said before though, there are 2 factions with 4 races to each faction. Faction Alliance: Humans, Night Elves, Dwarves, GnomesFaction Horde: Orc, Undead, Tauren, TrollThe factions have no contact with other factions except for pvp, and communicating with opposing factions is impossible. It is Diablo II like in the item wise section, with many possibilities in the rare item department as well as the set items and unique. You choose different classes to become, with possibilities of Hunters, Warlocks, Mages, Warriors, Rogues, Druids, Shaman (Horde), and Paladin (Alliance) as well as 2 underlying professions, such as enchanting or blacksmithing or something. For more information, go www.worldofwarcraft.comI found it fun personally, so if you enjoy medieval type games and MMOs this might be fun for you especially if you're a Blizzard fan as well
UberGoat

Post by UberGoat »

I found it fun personally, so if you enjoy medieval type games and MMOs this might be fun for you especially if you're a Blizzard fan as wellSame with me, except I don't think it's worth paying for. :wink:
Darth Bob
FoUster

Post by Darth Bob »

there are way too many medevil type games for my liking......which isnt very much.