Playstation Online Content Thread

To submit possible content for the main site
Musashi
FoUster

Playstation Online Content Thread

Post by Musashi »

Eva (Lead), Serge.Playstation Online: I want a section listing the games FoUsters currently play and a short description of each game, just like the XBox Live section. Also a list of active FoU players in these games.Player profiles, what games they play and at what time in what timezone.Monster Hunter Special Section: A log of important events and such involving the FoUsters in monster hunter, this could include story style descriptions of exciting hunts and the likes; done in the diary style maybe. Or just a general description, we can discuss this.Questions, comments and suggestion to be posted here.
Evangelion

Post by Evangelion »

Ok, lemme get the ball rolling...I was thinking, and it occured to me that most likely, one of the main focus' of this section is going to be Monster Hunter. I know not alot of people play many other PS2 games online, but the following in Monster Hunter is starting to grow. Here's what I was thinking for the game...List of Players/Hunter Gallery: To start the Monster Hunter section off, we could have a list of people that play Monster Hunter. What I was thinking is that we could have each persons name, Hunter Rank, their current weapon(s), current set of armour, and possibly a quote or something that they would like people to see. I really like the way this site did it, www.monster-hunter.com, in the "Hunter Gallery" section. It gives people a chance to see who plays and how far along everyone is, in-game.Weapon FAQ's: I could write a few paragraphs about all of the weapons that are in Monster Hunter (Swords & Shields, Great Swords, Hammers, Lances, Dual Swords, Light Bowguns, Heavy Bowguns, etc). Then we could have a little strategy on to use each of the weapons efficiently. I am able to obtain a picture of almost every weapon in the game so that people will actually see what stuff looks like. Also, I think I have a Weapon Creation Guide lying around here somewhere, so I would probably be able to put that up.Armour FAQ's: Since armour is so prevalent in Monster Hunter, I think we could include a listing of all the armour sets along with pictures of each (think I have those too). We could also get a list of skills that each pair of armour gives to the wearer.Wyvern FAQ's: This would probably be the meat of the Monster Hunter section. It could include a picture of every Wyvern in the game, including the two Dragons, along with a combat guide for each weapon against each Wyvern. Quest Guide: A brief walkthrough of the important/difficult quests, because doing ALL of them would be maddening. Also, there could be a mini-section inside this one for Event Quests, such as if there's one going on, when the next one is, whatever.Monster Hunter G Updates: This section would be for incoming news about the recently released expansion pack to Monster Hunter, Monster Hunter G. While it's only in Japan right now, there's always hope that it will make it over here to the States.Fanfiction/Diary: As Mus said in the SWG topic, we should concentrate on more game-based stuff as of now, but in the future we could put together fanfictions or just share with everyone about something funny that might have happened.Now, all of this may seem overambitious at the moment, so we'll just have to work at it over time. Since this is a rough layout, alot of it will probably be changed around and whatnot, but hopefully the final outcome will be grand. :P
Musashi
FoUster

Post by Musashi »

Right, firstly; the Quests, Events, Wyvern, Weapons and Armor "FAQ's" will not be "Frequently Asked Questions". They will be descriptions.On the subject of two of these, the Quests/ Events and Wyvern guides; i think it'd be better if we did this on an experience system. Meaning, you only write up guides and descriptions that you or another FoUster has been on. That way we can have personal accounts taken down instead of just some boring old walkthrough.If possible, when collecting images for this; be careful not to be in breach of copyright.
GuessWho17

Post by GuessWho17 »

Right, firstly; the Quests, Events, Wyvern, Weapons and Armor "FAQ's" will not be "Frequently Asked Questions". They will be descriptions.On the subject of two of these, the Quests/ Events and Wyvern guides; i think it'd be better if we did this on an experience system. Meaning, you only write up guides and descriptions that you or another FoUster has been on. That way we can have personal accounts taken down instead of just some boring old walkthrough.If possible, when collecting images for this; be careful not to be in breach of copyright.That works fine. Me, Evan, Serge, and Outlaw (Hobs too but hes no longer FoU :( ) have been on nearly all the wyvern quests there are, and there have been many MANY laughs on them, so I doubt they will be boring :) Along with what Mus said, I also think you should include the nicknames we have given these wyverns and such, so that noone will be confused. (For instance the Yian Kut-ku is known as Kelly)
Musashi
FoUster

Post by Musashi »

I want these to still be walkthroughs, just including your personal experiences and personal tactics on killing or completing a certain objective.
Serge
FoUster

Post by Serge »

YaY! and i fo sho gots the gunner stuff cause i ween as gunner you guys got nothing on me there. only light bowguns though heavys are poopy
Evangelion

Post by Evangelion »

Right, firstly; the Quests, Events, Wyvern, Weapons and Armor "FAQ's" will not be "Frequently Asked Questions". They will be descriptions.On the subject of two of these, the Quests/ Events and Wyvern guides; i think it'd be better if we did this on an experience system. Meaning, you only write up guides and descriptions that you or another FoUster has been on. That way we can have personal accounts taken down instead of just some boring old walkthrough.If possible, when collecting images for this; be careful not to be in breach of copyright.Mus, that's not gonna be a problem. I've been on EVERY quest there is and fought all of the Wyverns (plus the two Dragons), except for the past Event Quests that took place before I got the game. But other than that, I've been on 'em all. 8)
GuessWho17

Post by GuessWho17 »

Right, firstly; the Quests, Events, Wyvern, Weapons and Armor "FAQ's" will not be "Frequently Asked Questions". They will be descriptions.On the subject of two of these, the Quests/ Events and Wyvern guides; i think it'd be better if we did this on an experience system. Meaning, you only write up guides and descriptions that you or another FoUster has been on. That way we can have personal accounts taken down instead of just some boring old walkthrough.If possible, when collecting images for this; be careful not to be in breach of copyright.Mus, that's not gonna be a problem. I've been on EVERY quest there is and fought all of the Wyverns (plus the two Dragons), except for the past Event Quests that took place before I got the game. But other than that, I've been on 'em all. 8)Evan I have a high paid off bet that you'll make it through. If you fail me, I'm sending the "six star Kelly" after you! (Inside joke Outlaw and Serge :P )
Musashi
FoUster

Post by Musashi »

Serge told me about Kelly...OK, well Eva. First of all, in a word document; put together the profile pages.You've probably got a god idea of how to put this together. but I want included:FoU Member Name:Character Name:Player Location:Timezone:The rest could be what current armor and weapons they're using, the level of the character and if possible a picture of the character. The pictures not too important if you don't have the means or knowledge to get it. This part of the player sheet is up to you, as long as I have what's stated above this paragraph.Serge, can you type up a short description of the game, what it's about, the story and major characters behind the game maybe. Just so people have a simple understanding of what the game's about before they start to read up on the more detailed stuff.Outlaw, can you start researching all of the current weapons in the game and write a paragraph on each. All about the particular weapons attributes, added stats and abilities for the character using them. Things like attack power and so on, however the weapons system works I'm not sure; write whatever you think is suitable for describing the weapons and their uses individualy.
GuessWho17

Post by GuessWho17 »

Serge told me about Kelly... rofl, Kelly > All.Outlaw, can you start researching all of the current weapons in the game and write a paragraph on each. All about the particular weapons attributes, added stats and abilities for the character using them. Things like attack power and so on, however the weapons system works I'm not sure; write whatever you think is suitable for describing the weapons and their uses individualy.While I agree with you, this might be a bit difficult since there are over 100 weapons (combinations and such) so maybe he should just list the main category's (such as Lances, Great Swords, Dual Swords, etc.) By doing this, it would give a breif but helpful description of what kind of uses they have. For example, A Lance, while not the best attack power, has the best defense due to the large sheild issued with each of them. You kinda get the point. Anyways, I'll leave it to Outlaw to see what he wants to do, but this could be a possible alternative. And no offense, Muss, we all know you haven't played MH and we know your trying your best, which is why we all <3 you more than our mums.