Force Regen Time

Any JK2 related conversation goes in myah
Metroid

Force Regen Time

Post by Metroid »

Hey guys :) As u might know; DefiancE has his own (paid) server! We play at it often and it's really good, but we can't get the regen time faster! We've done the: g_forceregentime 0 command (don't know if that's the good command, but anyways; we did that one) but we can't get it so fast like ~Paladin~. Now I'm asking u guys; Do u know how we can make the regen time faster? :D thnx!gr, Met.
Snape
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by Snape »

/rcon g_forceregentime 0Should work fine, not sure why it isn't. Try setting it to a low value like 25 or something.... it's been a while since I've used the rcon settings so I'm a bit rusty.
ErBSMoKAh

Post by ErBSMoKAh »

Yeah sometime 0 doesnt work, Try using the value 1.
Metroid

Post by Metroid »

Thnx, i'll try that :)
Metroid

Post by Metroid »

Tried /rcon g_forceregentime 25, /rcon g_forceregentime 3, /rcon g_forceregentime 1 and /rcon g_forceregentme 0, but it still isn't going very fast :(
Recon
FoUster

Post by Recon »

Dude you can't make it faster. But try giving the regen a name. Such as rcon g_forceregentime ROFLMaybe it's a bit faster, who knows. Personnally i play at 125 or i find it noobish
Snape says:3AM IN THE MORNING YOU RANG ME AND WOULDN'T HANG UP BITCH
Snape
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by Snape »

If you type /rcon g_forceregentime it should give you the current value and the default value. That should help you see whether you have successfully changed the server settings or not.If all else fails, access the server.cfg file from the server (via FTP I imagine) and add the line /seta g_forceregentime 0 or change it if it already exists. Reupload the file and restart the server and that should do it. I don't see why it wouldn't work directly from the console... unless maybe your config files need a CHMOD 777?! Doubtful though.
tiberius

Post by tiberius »

sounds like you guys are expecting a bit too much speed from the regen. Try it first at default.....200, then 125, then 75....then 0 or 25. If you do this you will see the difference.
To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others. - Buddha
ErBSMoKAh

Post by ErBSMoKAh »

try using a negative value.. Like -999 It works.