And now for something completely different!!!

To discuss dates and ideas for the monthly FoU tournaments
Christian

Post by Christian »

never that simple man. you have some really smart people being that killer.
regardless, it's an idea that should be used in JKII. let's use it :)
BloodViper

Post by BloodViper »

[size=18:3dc02041e5]ThermalBall[/size:3dc02041e5]
Me and Guess used to play this back in summer 2002 but it was just an idea back then, now someone has made it a new mode and even made a map for it. The idea being, 2 teams are in opposite rooms with holes connected them. using thermals only, u toss them through at the team. it sounds kinda lame but theres an added downside, along the room are holes that kill u if u fall into them, so u have to watch ure step and the incoming thermals. the holes sound cool but they may engulf most of the thermals so i suggest just using a different textured floor that hurts u when u step on it.
ill think of more gameplay types later
Christian

Post by Christian »

that sounds sweet :P
Darth Bob
FoUster

Post by Darth Bob »

it looks like i have to make another map lol.... i just finished the raceway map.. heres how it works

there are 6 starting gate-things. a person from the box presses a switch which opens the gates and sends the racers flying. the gates stay open for about 10 minutes, and when the gates go back up its the person in the booth's job to press the other switch which turns on the lasers which indicates the final lap. the racers then try to jump on the bar over the gates to get to the podium. first second and 3rd place are rewarded. the ideal version would be to have 2 heats of 6, and a final race of the top 3 of both heats.
Darth Bob
FoUster

Post by Darth Bob »

LONG JUMP

ok theres a long strip of like... something and a little jump pad... the players run up to the jump pad and see how far they can go. when the person lands they are to kill themselves to mark their spot... great another map for me to make..
oh and floating is allowed
BloodViper

Post by BloodViper »

on darths most recent comment, id say they are disqualitfied if they touch the ground alive, another added downside, i think i got a new gametpye going, ill post later
BloodViper

Post by BloodViper »

back to my thermaball idea, no force allowed plus for added teamwork, there will be health but very little so u have to discuss with ure team(u better type quick :wink: ) about who needs it the most
Darth Bob
FoUster

Post by Darth Bob »

i finished the thermalball map... so therefore there are already 3 official olympic games because i slaved away with my map making! those three are "The Footrace", "the long jump" and "thermalball"
Cypher

Post by Cypher »

on the race... How about no force at all
TacoBell

Post by TacoBell »

[size=24:762ea93ecd]Taco Ball[/size:762ea93ecd]
This game is pretty simple and can be played with teams or 1 on 1 atmosphere.
The map used for this on is Star....In the Main Room there is that whole in the floor with the elevator. The Object of the game is to pull, push or kick your enemy into the hole to score a point or a goal. Very simple consept. Kicking, Pulling or Pushing are only aloud, if any other force power is used the person responiable for it will get a point deducted from their score.
Teams matches have to be watched by a referee or two from spectate. They have to watch the hole to see the people go into it and to add or deduct points.
In the case of a 1 on 1 match if someone uses a force power other than push, pull or kick they automatically lose that round but with teams, they just get kills deducted.
You play till 20 or something or whatever you decide.
Played with Shadow, it is real fun.