And now for something completely different!!!

To discuss dates and ideas for the monthly FoU tournaments
Snape
Site Admin
Great Britain

And now for something completely different!!!

Post by Snape »

Ok gang I'm thinking up gametypes for the May tourney (which will take place within the next couple of weeks I hope) and I was thinking of perhaps not using any of the gametypes on offer but devising a few games of our own for this months special... FoU Olympics! (Yes, a better name will be devised soon... Game of the Gods or something).
Here are some suggestions:
Last Man Standing
So we pick a big multi-roomed map such as ffa_fou2 or TMBJ. Then everyone goes off and has 5 minutes to hide and prepare for the event to start. Then basically once the game starts its a case of waiting/hunting whatever you feel like. The premise being that once you die, you're out - you have to go into spectate and remain there silently. No whispering to people where others are hidden, a log will be created for the event so we can check to make sure noone is cheating!!!
Anyway the winner is obviously the last person alive. How you go about being that person is up to you - u can team up with people if u want but ultimately you may be faced with fighting your companion if it comes down to it, or they might just saber you in the back when ur not looking!

Get Miller!
If he agrees to this one of course! The idea here being that you have to hunt and kill Miller by no other means that saber throws... no other force is allowed... except by him! He can do whatever he pleases; choke, push, speed etc whatever it takes to stay alive, but everyone else cannot use any force other than saber throws. That includes speed, absorb etc. The event will be spectated so any cheats will be asked to kill themselves to lose one valuable point. If you kill anyone other than Miller, same rule applies. First person to kill Miller 3 times (or maybe 5 :twisted: ) wins.

Rat Race
We need a specially designed map for this one which will basically consist of a speedway racetrack which is enclosed so you can't cut corners or anything. Then everyone just has to race from start to finish with the winner being first person to cross the line. Oh yeah, and anything goes! Pull, speed, kills... whatevers your poison! :wink:

Royal Rumble
Using the ring at TMBJ, groups of 6 people have to fight it out in the ring, elmination requires touching the ground outside of the ring (god mode will be on to avoid being killed but knockback will still be helpful). The winner of each group is the last person inside the ring and will then go through to the final Rumble which pits the winners of each group against each other!!!
More ideas to come, just want a fun varied day where everyone can come and take part (from FoU of course :wink: ). Let me know if you have any other ideas, what you think of these etc. and we'll go on from there.
TacoBell

Post by TacoBell »

Those ideas are very very good, I love them all Snape. But could we put my Bracket Duel Game in there too?

hehe. 8)
Snape
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by Snape »

Here's another one...
The Manhunt of Helm's Deep
The new Helm's Deep map has a very bad FPS rate, but it is huuuuuuuuge (and it also has both a day and night map)! So the concept of this one being that the gametype is TFFA with everyone on blue except one person chosen at random to be on red who will be the Enforcer. After 5 minutes for everyone to hide or strategize with their team the Enforcer then has to run around and find everyone. But they actually have to kill any blue player he comes across (and they are allowed to fight back or gang up with fellow blues on that player). If an Enforcer kills a blue team member that player must join red and their role then becomes the same as the Enforcer; to hunt and kill blue players. If a Red team player gets killed, then nothing changes, they have to continue the hunt.
The game will be an hour long, the winner being either the last blue player or in the event of the time running out, all those who are still blue are declared winners.
Christian

Post by Christian »

Snape, all great ideas so far bro. kepp em coming.....
but the second i'm done school, i have to try the helm's deep map and get used to it :P
Cypher

Post by Cypher »

LAST MAN STANDING ON TMBJ
{FoU}CrashsterMonk
FoUster

Post by {FoU}CrashsterMonk »

Duuuude let's do them all. :idea:
Darth Bob
FoUster

Post by Darth Bob »

snape i could make the race track map... do you want it slippery like country roads or just normal?
Snape
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by Snape »

That'd be great Bob!
How about Normal with parts of it slippery? 8)
{FoU}CrashsterMonk
FoUster

Post by {FoU}CrashsterMonk »

Like your Mom. :lol:
ArchAngel

Post by ArchAngel »

that helms deep manhunt sounds fun :wink: