STARCRAFT 2 THREAD

For discussions on games other than the ones listed above
Vauce
FoUster

STARCRAFT 2 THREAD

Post by Vauce »

Snape forgot it, did you? I played it (a lot) at blizzcon. You could play in 20 minute sessions, either by yourself in a campaign format, or in a 2v2 match. Only Terran or Protoss were playable, but it was still epic fun. Seems they are adding a lot of new abilities, i.e. Protoss photon cannons can now turn into energy and move to a different location. Coupled with the aircraft that can deploy and act as pylons it gives a new meaning to cannon rush. OH also I have got a beta key w00t. EDIT: ALSO, you can turn protoss gateways into "Warpgates", which BUILD the unit first and warp it anywhere you have a pylon, then COOLDOWN the amount of time it would have taken to build it.Moral of the paragraph and post: Starcraft 2 is tits, who's going to buy it?
Step
FoUster
Netherlands

Post by Step »

im buying it, played first one like mad, this one's for Mac too (gotta love blizzard)!
{FoU} Step
- Fate of Unwanted

MasteredCloud
FoUster

Post by MasteredCloud »

Lucky sob.... :( :( Wish I could've gone, but they don't do anything even remotely close to here in NY. Ah wells....anyways, how's the balancing issues working out? Been on vacation this past weekend, so haven't been able to keep up with my SC2 info. Anyways, for testing here's Moon piloting through the two playable races so far. First two are T, the last one is P. a Korean Warcraft3 Progamer, so it's something interesting to watch indeed.
Vauce
FoUster

Post by Vauce »

Yea i watched moon play at blizzcon. World competetion for WC3 / SC / WoW where at blizzcon. :) A 4kings guy won wc3 (not Grubby :(), and Savior won SC. Uuuh I think Mob gaming (TOF) won WoW 5v5s and two guys from Death and Taxes won 2v2s. Balance is meh, Protoss feel a little stonger atm, but they said it will change (of course) before release.
MasteredCloud
FoUster

Post by MasteredCloud »

No surprises here that Savior won, he was my pick. Although....woot for your last pic, rA is absolutely awesome. How he managed to do that at Blizzcon and make it back for WCG to take out Iris again amazes me....but still, Savior's just rape. It's too bad Bisu and others didn't go due to potential Proleague games, so they were left out of the draw.
Vauce
FoUster

Post by Vauce »

Honestly they are all really good, but the most fun to watch is definitely Iris, because he plays Terran. He's the Vulture guy you'll see vids of, but you probably know him.And yea, Savior's macro is amazing.
MasteredCloud
FoUster

Post by MasteredCloud »

Iris is meh in my book....I mean, he did make it to the OSL Finals and what not, getting through savior in the process but he's always so-so in my book. In e-sports, Terrans are the most played race, all started by Boxer. If you want quality games, check for him when he was in his prime....before the Airforce crap. Him, Nada and iloveoov.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

starcraft pwnz, i wanna pway!
TacoBell

Post by TacoBell »

My life is quickly going from fun college years with free time to ...get in gear for the real world and 16 hour work days....so I dunno if I am gonna have time for this when it gets released but we will see.
MasteredCloud
FoUster

Post by MasteredCloud »

Live for the swarm.