Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

For discussions on games other than the ones listed above
Zippo

Post by Zippo »

This game is friggin awesome, been playing it for about 4-5 hours now and it's soooooo good!Ditto. I can honestly say that buying a PSP for this game was worth it. The combat may be simple and on the easy side, but damn is it fun. I'm only about 3 hours in, but the story so far is great. They even managed to make Sephiroth not look like a total bastard. Zack has always been one of my favorite characters (I used him in Ehrgeiz all the time) and he really shines in this game, to the point where I think he could have replaced Cloud in Final Fantasy VII.I still dont get the DMW system.. once I leveled twice in two straight combats... friggin weird yo!
KniVes

Post by KniVes »

Is it just me? Or is the combat ridiculously easy?And I don't get the modulation phase. wtf? But I pwn so I don't really care.
Outlaw
FoUster

Post by Outlaw »

yea it is kinda easy, but its a blast and fun so woot :D
Zippo

Post by Zippo »

Is it just me? Or is the combat ridiculously easy?And I don't get the modulation phase. wtf? But I pwn so I don't really care.Yeah that's what I ment with the DMWAnyone got any neat-o materia fusions yet then? I did Twister something (The sword thingy) + HP UP -> Got Attack Twister (Or whatever the name was) with a +20 HP. Then did that one but with Thunder, so I got Thundara blade + 20 HP UP. Normal attack does like 700 and this one this about 1200
Zippo

Post by Zippo »

Attack Twister +20 HP + Thunder -> Thundara Blade + Vital Strike -> Death Blade, which gives you a chance on kill in one strike. I got it up to master and I get instant death on about 95% of my hits, so that one is great.
Evangelion

Post by Evangelion »

Attack Twister +20 HP + Thunder -> Thundara Blade + Vital Strike -> Death Blade, which gives you a chance on kill in one strike. I got it up to master and I get instant death on about 95% of my hits, so that one is great.Damn that's awesome. Does the one-hit-kill also apply to bosses?
Vegeta

Post by Vegeta »

i doubt it does u almost never can one-hit a boss in a ff game
KniVes

Post by KniVes »

Wow. They actually made the places in this game look exactly like the PSX FF7.
Zippo

Post by Zippo »

Attack Twister +20 HP + Thunder -> Thundara Blade + Vital Strike -> Death Blade, which gives you a chance on kill in one strike. I got it up to master and I get instant death on about 95% of my hits, so that one is great.Damn that's awesome. Does the one-hit-kill also apply to bosses?Of course not, but that's good, would make the game too easy. It applies to all organic lifeforms, not robots and such but pretty much every living monster. At first at level 1 you have a very little chance of getting insta-death but just keep leveling it up.
Snape
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by Snape »

I'm at the very last bit of the game but I'm trying to complete as many missions as possible before I jump in.The missions are pretty repetitive and some are bloody hard, but they give you all the best items/shops/materia for completing them. Still need to get Cactuar, Magic Pot and Bahamut Fury for the DMW and I'm aiming to get all the Genji gear too. I have a similar setup to Zippos except I use Hell Thundaga and Stop Blade, but then I like hitting things.As for the game itself, it's definitely the best of the FFVII follow-ons. My only complaints are the tediousness of the missions and how easy it is - I'm yet to be killed and have not struggled with any of the bosses outside of the missions. But it's great playing through it and learning more about Zack's story, which you only ever see snippets of in FFVII flashbacks.