Metal Gear Solid Online Beta

For discussions on games other than the ones listed above
Bane
FoUster

Metal Gear Solid Online Beta

Post by Bane »

"Oh no, not another mgs thread, boo hoo" This game will be awsome and you know it, so fuck you.I have returned from the land of shiny objects and beautiful tits, and I am a better man for it. Allow me to talk you through the beta.Char creation is a given, so you make a thug that looks like he could have been from any mgs game (the color pink is not an option, so bleh) and choose your skills. Skills are things like CQC, Assult Rifle mastery, Scanning and so on. In time these skills level up with use, so an excessive use of CQC will allow you to choke people quicker and eventully allow you to slit their necks. Gameplay itself is like is seen on all the gameplay videos (duh) and you can move prettymuch the exact same ways snake does. That includes the ability to play dead, and its not useless in multiplayer as I thought, your character gives of a very masculin "ARRRG" if you do it right, and if you are hit by say a granade, you just hold in triangle to lay still and unless the fiend is overzealious, you can get out of a pinch quite easily. Then flip and shoot them in the back of the head. Boya. CQC works prettymuch the same as in MGS3, except the ability to be on top in the superhetero choke move known as rape. Chokeholds are also possible, and can be damn useful since harming someone from your team kicks in your nanomachines and you can't use your gun for a while. So if you chokehold a guy, and he shoots his buddy... he can't shoot for a while, allowing you to pick him off, then slitting his buddys neck. Makes me feel like a man.Nanomachines, this is actually one of the coolest thing about the game. If you have a number of allies standing nearby you can click triangle and you connect with them with the Sons Of Patriots system. This allows you to see exactly where your teammates are, where they are aiming, where they give off orders, and where they die. This can be useful as hell, as happend to me: I connected with a guy camping on a roof and shooting about, and then two guys pop out and start shooting me, I roll behind a car, and they are about to come around and gank me. Since the guy I connected with aims to the left and start shooting, I can see the line of his sight, so I run to the left, and go around to help him finish of the guy to the right. Ok maybe it was just a lucky shot, but still it felt awsome. The skill scanning mixed with CQC allows you to inject the enemy with another nanomachine that hacks into their SOP system and lets you see all their information. Useful? Yeah, since not just you see it, but everyone connected to you see their information.Gameplay modes are like most others.. deathmatch, team deathmatch spawnpoint captures a lá Battlefield. Then there is Snake mode. Like team deathmatch, but one player is Snake. In Octocamo. Yesyougettoplayassnakeomg. This is THE most fun I've had in a while. Both teams fight to find snake, who tries to A.) Hold you up. B.) Sedate you C.) Knock you out. He wins by collecting 3 dogtags from other players. The red and blue team win by killing him 3 times first. Or by ignoring snake and just having a deathmatch and winning like so. Snake straps a few more guns then the average player and a maxed out skill-set. Octocamo is most likely made to be a little more awsome then it will be, since pressing against a wall or laying down makes you prettymuch invisible. Solideye is also qute the neat tool in snakes armery. Nightvision/Thermal mode shines up anything of use, and also allows you to some degree to see footprints. Just having it equipt brings up the funky circle around snake, and gives you somewhat of a radar, since you can see noise, like a soldier moving, (or breathing.. err..). If there are more then 11 player on the map someone gets to play as the mini metal gear. Havn't tried this one out yet, but it rides around and can knock the fuck out of you. It's small as hell so seeing it is hard att best.All in all, while this is just a taste, and there are one or two bugs I've run into, I've ignored GTA4 compleatly just to play this, and thats saying something. Also, I'm a such a fanboy I get a stiffy just seeing snakes awsome mustache.**edit: Snake mode dosn't have to be three kills, can be time-based aswell.**
Outlaw
FoUster

Post by Outlaw »

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Im excited. Im definently grabbing a ps3 this summer and getting this game ><.
Original
FoUster

Post by Original »

sounds cool especialy the link part ( tho isnt it time consuming, like: seeing trough a teammates eyes makes you vulnerable since u cant move your own character?) to bad i dont have a ps3 and its way to expensive. think i'll wait a year or two and then buy it.
As a Finishing touch. god created the dutch
VII

Post by VII »

when doe the beta end i have it and should play it at least once more before its gone
Bane
FoUster

Post by Bane »

sounds cool especialy the link part ( tho isnt it time consuming, like: seeing trough a teammates eyes makes you vulnerable since u cant move your own character?) to bad i dont have a ps3 and its way to expensive. think i'll wait a year or two and then buy it.No fool, you see them through walls and stuff, where they are aiming is indicated with a simply drawn line. Same thing goes for them getting knocked out is shown with a star with the drawn line. You don't "hack" into their minds, just connect with their nano's. This isn't Forbidden Siren :)
Bane
FoUster

Post by Bane »

when doe the beta end i have it and should play it at least once more before its goneTomorrow :? Might be wrong, i'll play it till it kicks me out :D
Original
FoUster

Post by Original »

sounds cool especialy the link part ( tho isnt it time consuming, like: seeing trough a teammates eyes makes you vulnerable since u cant move your own character?) to bad i dont have a ps3 and its way to expensive. think i'll wait a year or two and then buy it.No fool, you see them through walls and stuff, where they are aiming is indicated with a simply drawn line. Same thing goes for them getting knocked out is shown with a star with the drawn line. You don't "hack" into their minds, just connect with their nano's. This isn't Forbidden Siren :)so you see the aiming line of your teammates trough your own characters eyes? thats pretty cool indeed:D
As a Finishing touch. god created the dutch