Name Origins!!!!

You can talk about anything in here
yoda-wan

Post by yoda-wan »

well my name is both yoda and obi-wan combined (DUH!!!)and i like the two chars in Star Wars sooo much that i had to combine their names into one very un meaning full name not a big story behind it ... and i doubt any of you REALY care
Cypher

Post by Cypher »

It is a VERY VERY COMMON misconception that i got my name from the matrix. A few years back i started playing a game called Planetarion( Great Text based game that was so cool untill they started charging Money for it)I had been using the name Le0 (lol) for a while but after watching a movie( can't remember the name) Some thing about breaking the cod of the NAZI enigma machine. I heard one of the characters say we've devoloped several cyphers for this code (or something to that effect)After hearing that It clicked in my head so i went to www.dictionary.com and looked it up lol from that day forwards i would be known as Cypher.ci·pher also cy·pher ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sfr)n. The mathematical symbol (0) denoting absence of quantity; zero. An Arabic numeral or figure; a number. One having no influence or value; a nonentity. A cryptographic system in which units of plain text of regular length, usually letters, are arbitrarily transposed or substituted according to a predetermined code. The key to such a system. A message written or transmitted in such a system. A design combining or interweaving letters or initials; a monogram. v. ci·phered, ci·pher·ing, ci·phers v. intr.To solve problems in arithmetic; calculate. See Synonyms at calculate.v. tr.To put in secret writing; encode. To solve by means of arithmetic.
Anubis
FoUster

Post by Anubis »

i have a very strange and very off based name. Anubis how in the world did i come up with it? its letters mean something[size=24:f65268de2e]A[/size:f65268de2e]mazingly handsome[size=24:f65268de2e]N[/size:f65268de2e]atural at owning all[size=24:f65268de2e]U[/size:f65268de2e]nbelievably breathtaking when dueling against others[size=24:f65268de2e]B[/size:f65268de2e]reak-dancing masta![size=24:f65268de2e]I[/size:f65268de2e]ncredible in bed :wink: [size=24:f65268de2e]S[/size:f65268de2e]ize matters in bed, and i am hung :wink: :wink: :D :D :D
Anubis
FoUster

Post by Anubis »

*ahem* anus came bcause musashi the idiot he is accidentally called me it instead of Anu and snape and especially cypher bing the asses they r kept it to me......
Darth Bob
FoUster

Post by Darth Bob »

many people believe im just a SW nut whose name is bob.. no thats wrong, but i am an SW nut... ok theres gamecube game from 2001 called Rogue Leader... i went to many forums and there was a phrase we said about the game that everytime a kamikaze tie fighter hits you, you were "killed by darth bob".. as a matter of fact the real story goes like this:Darth Bob was born in the bobular nebula on the bob planet. he joined the empire and was a bad pilot who always ran into things. because of this, the emporer put a curse on him that everytime he got into a lethal wreck he would be reborn to do it again..I DID NOT MAKE THAT UPanyway thats what it meansand i have never been any other name for at least more than a day. so ive really never changed unlike some of you
Christian

Post by Christian »

i used to be Khalis in the Starcraft world. i haven't had any extensive time in the online world of things. oh, i had a couple of brief stints on Everquest but nothing memorable.Earth and Beyond and SWG will be the next two online games i will take part in.....and the first time i will be paying as long as they're affordable.
ReDWasK

Post by ReDWasK »

LoL, i like that Darth Bob story, makes me laugh. Me--->:lol:seeing as i neglected to tell my story before, i'm pretty bored now, so here it is :pTwo things to my name, well, three if you count my original name.First being, RedXIII from FFVII, although I actually like a couple other characters more than him, he was always a badass in my books. Also, Luke was Red 5 in Rogue Squadron, sadly, i forget which movie (i wanna say the original Star Wars). Another thing, when you enter your initials into high score thigns, you usually can only put 3 letters -R-e-D- fits nicely. :pand another quick thing, i originally went by the name Red Kinneas, all in white (Kinneas from Irvine Kinneas of FF8 fame, again though, he isnt even my favourite character in that game ) After joining (resistance) though, my name wouldnt fit, so Red, and eventually, [size=24:712d92613b]ReD[/size:712d92613b] was born. and you all know Big and Little Wask. I became great friends with those jiggeys, and one day i threw the tag "ReDWasK" on as a joke, and they said i should bind it. and here i am. (and quickly, i use TimmY because i think the retarded kid from South Park is fuckin comedic genius!)
Christian

Post by Christian »

it was A New Hope ReD :Pi didn't like Irvine that much in VIII. i liked everyone but Selphie better than him, lol.
PsychoMidget
FoUster

Post by PsychoMidget »

Anyone wondering...."where the hell did midget get his name from?" ? lol :lol:
WasntMe... ShutUpYouFuck!